Forums Latest Members
  1. TMas Apr 19, 2015

Omega Experts, Friends and Neighbours,

I'm a newbie to this wonderful and informative site. I have a question needing a knowledgeable answer. What exactly do I have here? From my quick research before buying (I see the mistake there), this seemed to check out. Now I am thinking I may have purchased a Frankenstein*. Does anyone have some information for me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Watch-Co-cal-30t2-/121608502438Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

*It's pronounced Franken-steen!

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 19, 2015

From the OVDB

Gents' leather strap

Reference
    CK 14391
    International collection
    Movement
    Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 268
    Created in 1958
    17 jewels
    Functions
    Subsecond
    Case
    Stainless steel
    Case back
    Press-in
    Dial
    With facetted relief and "index" hands.
    Crystal
    Hesalite
    Bracelet
    Leather
    Water resistance
    No (hermetic crown)
    [​IMG]
    So it would appear to be a bit of a confection. The movement pre-dates the case by about 15 years and is not of the correct calibre. You should be able to get most, if not all of your money back for the movement.

3. ulackfocus Apr 19, 2015

:p

John R Smith likes this.
  4. TMas May 12, 2015

Ha, came with plastic Crystal that spins in place and that comes of when winding the crown. Gains 3 seconds per minute. The movement and dial and case all different from different models. It was a mess. eBay refunded my money to the dismay of the seller. According to him, if it says Omega somewhere, it's an Omega. Some peope just don't know Frankensteens exist or are not original. It was a joke.