Forums Latest Members

SOLD FABULOUS ZENITH EL PRIMERO A384 WITH EXTRACT FROM 1971

1. bernarddevos Dec 2, 2018

Hi guys,
    I am putting up for sale this superb Zenith El Primero A384.
    I think most of us know the story on the El Primero's ( A384/A385/A368 )
    With only a production volume of 2600 pieces, we can say this is a pretty rare watch.

What makes this particular watch so special is that it comes with a completely untouched case!!!
    That may sound like it's nothing special but in fact it is. Most A384 you'll find have the case polished and the result is most often terrible. You'll recognize them by the fact these cases have lost their sharpness and you'll also see that very often the upper case material at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock is gone making the 45 degrees bevels touch the plexiglass. These tonneau cases are extremely hard to refurbish in a way they still look good.
    So unpolished means a world here.

The creamy Panda dial is a very good condition with just a couple tool marks that are hardly visible with the naked eye. The subdials are showing a very light tropical effect.
    Under UV both hands and indices glow very strongly. When taking away the UV everything stops glowing after 4/5 seconds. Indices I am 100% sure ( given the greenish color ) to have the original tritium. Hands, though behaving correctly under UV I am not 100% sure given the different color. Maybe the Zenith experts can tell.
    But without any doubt a stunning dial. I think my first picture shows that very well.

Mechanically the watch is working 100% perfect. Also the chrono.
    The watch was completely serviced by my watchmaker last week. He replaced different movement parts by Zenith original parts. He also replaced the plexiglass by an original Zenith crystal he found in his stock.
    The crown is not correct for this reference. We could have gone for the typical El Primero service crown but I preferred this one since it looks more like the original. In case the buyer would prefer the usual service crown I can arrange that.
    Watch comes with a 12 mont guarantee.

The watch also comes with the Zenith extract showing it was delivered between April and August 1971.

Model: Zenith El Primero ref. AH 384
    Case number: 905D436
    Movement: Zenith Caliber El Primero 3019 PHC

I am pricing this watch below any A384 that you will find on the market while this one is better than most ( if not all ). Except for the crown it has all the original and correct parts. Plexiglas has been replaced by a original one that was on a spare A384 case.

Price: 5500 euro ( insured FedEx shipping and JPM suède strap from the pictures included )

Payment: Bank transfer or PP ( +4% )

Best regards,
    Bernard

fullsizeoutput_212a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2121.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2123.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2125.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2118.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2119.jpeg fullsizeoutput_211a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_211c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_211b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_211f.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2117.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2127.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2115.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2114.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2113.jpeg fullsizeoutput_212b.jpeg

Dial & Bezel, Woops, adam78 and 23 others like this.
  2. bernarddevos Dec 2, 2018

On hold pending funds now.
    Thanks Tim and OF.

3. Dan S Dec 2, 2018

I'm not surprised this sold quickly. Congrats buyer and seller.

4. jhross98 Dec 2, 2018

what a spectacular a384. i did not actually know zenith provides archive extracts.. i would not think the hands are original given the lume difference but frankly who cares! wonderful piece