Forums Latest Members
  1. rg1911 Jan 15, 2016

Based on the feedback I received on this thread -- https://omegaforums.net/threads/solid-gold-or-plated.34159/ -- it seems my father's vintage f300 could be worth repairing.

The date no longer advances; one bit of information said this is a not uncommon problem caused by a plastic gear breaking.

I searched the net and this forum for Omega repair, but did not find a clear answer. And it seems that new Omega corporate policy is making repairs difficult to have done without a total rebuild.

So, the question is: Are there any qualified Omega watch repair persons who would just replace the gear (assuming the part can be found) without requiring a total rebuild/reconditioning? If not, I'll just keep the watch going without worrying about the date function.

Thank you,
    Richard

2. italy1861 Jan 15, 2016

I've read threads about wonderful results from Paul at Electric Watches (in the UK).

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Jan 15, 2016

Hey Richard,

To echo the comment above, Paul at Electric Watches in the UK is excellent.

I have a stainless/black f300 constellation that he replaced the date wheel on, and fully serviced for around £175.

image.jpeg

4. rg1911 Jan 16, 2016

Thank you for the recommendations for Paul at Electric Watches. I shall certainly keep him in mind, although I was hopeful that I could find someone closer to home (U.S.).

Richard

5. tyrantlizardrex Jan 16, 2016

Gotcha - if you modify your title to "f300 service recommendations in the USA?" you might get the response you're looking for :)

6. rg1911 Jan 17, 2016

Thanks!
    Richard

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 22, 2016

8. nickw Jan 22, 2016

The miracle of fedex is you can get service from the best even on the other side of the world. I get the I don't want to send it abroad instinct but I would say it is worth thinking about :)