Forums Latest Members

extract from the archives service down

1. Bienne2998 Oct 9, 2015

Hi everybody
    I realized the extract from the archives service from zenith is down. It seems the shutdown happened quite a while ago.
    this appears... Screenshot 2015-10-09 18.52.38.png
    Screenshot 2015-10-09 18.52.26.png

Anybody here knows what happened?
    Best, Thomas

2. ELV web Oct 9, 2015

I have highlighted this to them half a year ago. I even got an email response saying they would work on it but of course, email didn't equal action..... (I was trying to verify my rainbow's generation)

Edit: they still personably answer a question directed to them though, if you search rainbow thread in this forum, you should find that email exchange.

3. nicolas07 Oct 12, 2015

That's too bad..
    I never really understood why modern brands did not take seriously into consideration their vintage heritage.
    I understand that vintage and modern watches buyers are not the same even if many vintage collectors are coming from modern watches but for me it would help creating a wide community of collectors and help creating a real legitimacy for their modern pieces...

wristpirate and Bienne2998 like this.
  4. Fer Seamaster Oct 13, 2015

I do not understand this kind of policy... Even why they request (a lot of, in some cases) money for issuing the extracts, whilst this cost should be included in selling the watch itself.

The best player at this is Longines: free extracts and good comunication (at least through Swatch EspaƱa).