Forums Latest Members
  1. wwhntr Aug 6, 2019

larryganz and connieseamaster like this.
  2. edgware14 Aug 6, 2019

I've been told to expect long delays, which is understandable :thumbsup:

3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Aug 6, 2019

I wish they would have said what we poor Americans have to do to get service.

Tom

4. wwhntr Aug 6, 2019

This may have changed, but before archives closed for museum move my Omega Boutique provided a form (by email). Check with them. It is disappointing that we cannot order online. I’ve wondered if it a legal issue?

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. JanV Aug 6, 2019

And now introducing a long list of reasons why Omega wouldn’t refund you at all.... :(

6. JanV Aug 6, 2019

What’s the saying: Read it and weep...

2.4.Incomplete or inaccurate information provided by you in connection with your order, such as photographs of your watch and serial number, will result in a cancellation of your order without a refund.

2.5.Subject to an analysis of the information you have submitted in connection with your order, we may choose to refuse your order without a refund in the following (non-exhaustive) situations:

2.5.1.Wrong watch movement number and/or watch case number;

2.5.2.Incomplete watch movement number and/or watch case number;

2.5.3.Watch movement number doesn’t match with watch case number;

2.5.4. The description of the timepiece doesn’t match with our archives;

2.5.5. The pictures of the timepiece don’t match with our archives;

2.5.6. The timepiece has received substantial changes outside our workshops; or

2.5.7. The timepiece is registered as “stolen” or unauthentic in our archives.

2.6.We may choose to refuse and refund your order in the following situations:

2.6.1.when we are missing the archival information necessary to produce an Extract for your watch; or

2.6.2.if the watch is less than ten years old.

7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Aug 6, 2019

You never had to use the Boutique in the US...simply email the printed form.

wwhntr likes this.
  8. wwhntr Aug 6, 2019

I could not find the printed form when I ordered my first extract 05/08/19, so my friend in Omega Boutique emailed the form to me. I then forwarded by email the form to Omega USA.

When redirected to the Omega US site I cannot find anything regarding extracts, even under the search function. If there is a tab/link I am overlooking it.

9. powerhand Aug 6, 2019

Does anyone know the current price for an extract?

10. Shabbaz Aug 6, 2019

EUR 110

powerhand likes this.
  11. Shabbaz Aug 6, 2019

120 chf

Speedimaster and powerhand like this.
  12. ext1 Aug 6, 2019

What the hell... :eek: I tried twice for a speedy 321 extract and it came back with no data available... to think that they might have chosen to not issue a refund as they please...!

13. MCC Aug 6, 2019

That seems a little odd if the service is there to provide information regarding watches and movements. I can understand them providing a statement that the watch and movement did not go together and explain why and then retain the fee, but providing no explanation and withholding the fee seems harsh.

14. WYO_Watch Aug 6, 2019

I would concur. To keep the fee they should at least describe what they did to find records. Even in the case of a stolen watch, there is a pretty good likelihood that the person requesting would have no clue. I don’t believe many thieves care about the watch they just jacked delivery location or manufacturing date.

This may be a pendulum swing from Omega after suffering through people submitting incomplete data to them, or fishing to figure out what model the serial should be attached to.

Ultimately, I can live with people retaining $120 if they put in research work that resulted with no extract. But I will be pretty bummed getting no info and being out the dough haha

KingCrouchy, MTROIS and JanV like this.
  15. M'Bob Aug 6, 2019

Honestly, have they never heard of using interns?

Spacefruit likes this.
  16. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 6, 2019

Ok I'll Race ya all....

Ordered!

For this...

2019-08-06 18-17-52 (C).jpg

17. MTROIS Aug 6, 2019

This!!

18. NineBolts Aug 6, 2019

Exactly. I logged a request earlier this year. I was being too helpful and included the case number, which resulted in a refund and cancelation.

I resubmitted without the case number and got the extract. The case number I gave was an old style case serial number rather than a reference. Explanation of what they were struggling with would have been welcome and genuinely interesting.

Just put in a request for the extract of this:

IMG_0333.jpg
    Shankified, izydor and WYO_Watch like this.
  19. izydor Aug 6, 2019

This! ;)
    This should be a part of sticky thread re Extracts.

I’m about to try once again. Previously I emailed them about any details, but no one bothered to reply.
    I’m a bit worried though, because it seems like you can fall under 2.5. paragraph easily, no extract and money lost. Not nice.

20. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Aug 6, 2019

I wanted to get what I could for my 3/0 "trench" watch, but those cases are interchangeable and a lot of watches were cased in the destination country, which was common circa 1910 when it was produced.

I suspect a lot of those reasons why not and we keep the money is because "we think this watch is fake and you're trying to use us to authenticate it."

Tom