Forums Latest Members

Extract from the Archives: Arrived!

1. Renton Oct 22, 2018

Hi folks, just wanted to share my experience and the eventual Longines archive extract i received. The service from Longines was simply fantastic. I registered the online form with details of my watch on 10 Oct, got an email reply on 11 Oct detailing the history of the watch, and received the extract on 22 Oct. Best of all, Longines provides this service for free (looking at you, Omega..). Will let the pictures do the talking! The dial has lots of "pitting" issues, but the 2 tone lacquer is still very strong; the 2 tone contrast comes to live from different angles under the sun. Can't believe this old thing is nearly 70 years old!

Extract1.jpg longines6.jpg
    KingCrouchy, Magnix, Syrte and 6 others like this.
  2. slique12 Oct 22, 2018

That is a nice example. I also had a positive experience when I reached out to Longines seeking more information on a piece which happens to look a bit similar to yours.

IMG_0828.jpg

noelekal, bubba48 and Renton like this.
  3. Lbreak Oct 22, 2018

I had the same great experience when seeking historical information about a Longines piece a while ago. Their customer service in this regard was simply exceptional!

4. Blaise Oct 23, 2018

Great service and perhaps the only brand that does it free.

5. JamieG Oct 23, 2018

That’s superb doing it for free. Quite surprised me that has, I thought there would be some administrative charge.

Well done Longines.

6. donashby Oct 25, 2018

Do you take the watch to a dealer and they record the info and send it to the factory, or is there some way to do it online? I have a Nonius that I would love to get an extract for. Thanks in advance,!

7. Lbreak Oct 25, 2018

You could simply submit a online contact form on Longines official website, sign up for an account and follow the instruction here -- https://www.longines.com/certificate-of-authenticity

They will get back to you with the extract information in email, and also mail a signed extract of archive to your address. I had some problem with the contact form, but I contacted them on facebook, and they gave me an email address for me to email their heritage department directly. Mine took 10 days to arrive in my mailbox.

8. Magnix Oct 28, 2018

Very nice! Fantastic service of Longines. At Omega I always pay 100+ euro...

9. donashby Oct 29, 2018

Thanks a lot, I will give it a go!