Forums Latest Members
  1. woodsjo3 Dec 30, 2015

I purchased my watch from authenticwatches.com. They have three tiers of warranties that are offered, two of which are lifetime guarantees starting at $195. The representative said that ALL warranties are covered by Omega. The process would be to send the watch to them and they would send to the AD, the AD would then send to Omega. Does anyone see the value in a lifetime warranty? Thanks in advance!

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 30, 2015

I wouldn't pay for a lifetime warranty. Just me.

PatrickJ likes this.
  3. chunkythebulldog Dec 30, 2015

Is that a one off payment of $195 or a yearly charge of $195? If it's a one off it's a no brainer, but I'd be reading the small print with a magnifying glass.

4. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

Is that paid every year the 195 or once only?

5. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 30, 2015

authenticwatches.com is a legit grey market seller but I know from observing one case personally that their "warranty" is essentially worthless. If you attempt to make a warranty claim they will fight you every step of the way. Paying extra for their warranty would in my opinion be a complete waste of money. With the amount of money you saved by buying from them, you can afford multiple service charges for repair work done directly by Omega (at your cost) and still come out $$$ ahead.

woodsjo3 likes this.
  6. woodsjo3 Dec 30, 2015

It's actually a one time fee that is good for the life of the time piece. Which makes me skeptical because it sounds too good to be true...

PatrickJ likes this.
  7. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

Just been on their website looks like you pay $195 and it is for the duration you own the watch. So let us take a seamaster SMP Omega they recomend serice i think it is every 5 years, cost in UK £330. You own it 30 years, should cost approximately £1,650 in servicing costs. So with authentic watches their warranty means you dont have to service the watch??? Or is the warranty subject to having the watch serviced per manufactuers instructions?

8. alam Dec 30, 2015

:cautious: scheduled service is different than unscheduled service (repair), I'd follow your instinct - if sounds too good to be true...

Edited Dec 30, 2015
    Nobel Prize and PatrickJ like this.
  9. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 30, 2015

It is worthless. What are the chances of having a catastrophic failure or a case or movement? ZERO.

Movements (ones that are well maintained) don't just break. Case don't just crack. There are outside factors that play into most all damage to a watch, and those factors will toss out any warranty.

Save your money for the service that the watch will require in a few years, and when the time comes to service, find an Omega trained watchmaker and save a bundle not sending it back to the factory where they unnecessarily replace parts and charge a premium for not so premium service.

PatrickJ likes this.
  10. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

That warranty made me LOL. I have no trust for that company.

11. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

Save the money for the service in 5 years.

12. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

13. Dombo63 Dec 30, 2015

PatrickJ likes this.
  14. PatrickJ Dec 30, 2015

To be fair I dont know much about them, but their name comes up a lot. It was the first review on them I found. Do any members have good reviews about them to balance things out?

15. Canuck Dec 31, 2015

One prominent outfit that offers a "life time warranty" on their watches, shall remain un-named. When I was in retail, we sent one of their watches back for "warranty" service, the watch being a few years old. The watch was in over all decent shape, but the customer wanted the crystal replaced. They sent us a quote for over $600.00 for work required that was (by their definition) NOT covered by their lifetime warranty! We later found out that the only thing covered on this particular mechanical watch under the "lifetime warranty" was the mainspring!

PatrickJ likes this.
  16. PatrickJ Dec 31, 2015

LOL

17. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 31, 2015

A few years back it would have likely been out of the warranty period anyway after 'a few years', so what would the repair tab have been from the manufacturer? The newer 5 year warranty on some Omegas changes the balance a little. Although one would hope a $7k watch would not fail within 5 years no matter what the warranty length happens to be. If manufacturers design their products to fail, the products usually become disposable commodities and the prices in general fall (think DVD players, etc.)

18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 31, 2015

I would take it. It is still cheaper than retail and things do happen.

As stated before I have purchased from them as has a friend of mine. When I sold my speedy we transferred the warranty to the new buyer (I think that was 25 dollars) My friend had an issue with his movement, they gave him no hassle and managed to fix it within a good margin of time. I did seem to remember they had send it to Omega but have never mentioned this before because I actually was not sure, but it makes sense since my watch came from the Omega Bel air boutique. This said, do NOT confuse warranty work with servicing a watch. Service is not covered under most warranties.

I do remember a gray dealer or two that had option for warranty AND service as extended warranty. Under that I think you have an option to send it and have it reviewed, cleaned and maintained once a year. Not sure if it would cover the actual true Service work needed every 4 to 6 years.

Lastly. I am talking about Authenticwatches.com , not the outfit described above. authentic-watches-moorpark which I know nothing of.

They have been in business since 1979 (of course minus the .com) and I have found them to be reliable both at sale and costumer care.