Forums Latest Members
  1. Matty1 May 30, 2019

there has been some talk on some omega forums of an extended warranty being provided by Omega. Proposed length now 8 years on Co-Ax models. Some folks had calls from ADs stating this.

Anyone heard if this is true?

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction May 30, 2019

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/customer-service/5-year-warranty Nothing else I can find on the official website. I suspect that if this was true, Omega would be making a much bigger PR push.

Possible some confusion between service intervals and warranty period? To quote from the Omega website FAQs:-

The service frequency depends on the use of the watch and the environment in which it is worn. The water resistance can, for example be affected by ageing of the gaskets or by an accidental shock. Therefore, we recommend that you have the water resistance checked once a year and a complete service performed every 5 to 8 years. Your OMEGA boutique or authorised service centre will be happy to take care of your watch and answer your questions.

Edited May 30, 2019
  3. Matty1 May 30, 2019

It’s rumoured to be implemented in 1 months time. So nothing on website yet...

4. AntonisCy May 30, 2019

I have been hearing about this too... But will it include all watches or only ones sold from the announcement and beyond?

5. steelfish May 30, 2019

Surely this would just be only new purchases? I bought my old PO a month before the last warranty extension and I had it confirmed that sadly the newer warranty period would not apply (despite being exactly the same 8900 watch).

Would love to be proven wrong though.

AntonisCy likes this.
  6. Matty1 May 30, 2019

Not true. See extract. So it was retrospective.

Effective July 1st 2018
    The new 5-year warranty will take effect from today, November 2nd, 2018 and will also be applied to any OMEGA watch purchased on or after July 1st, 2018. So yes, this also means your (and ours) Speedy Tuesday Ultraman will have the 5-year warranty. Yeeee.

AntonisCy likes this.
  7. AntonisCy May 30, 2019

Got mine yesterday so lets hope this is true!

8. Duckie May 30, 2019

This doesn't seem plausible to me.
    It was only last year Omega increased the warranty period right across the range to 5 years.
    And they're still recommending a service interval between 5-8 years.

9. steelfish May 30, 2019

Damn. I bought my PO in May 2018, so won't apply. It was nice of them to cover at least some of the previously purchased watches though. A nice touch from Omega.

OhMeeGa likes this.
  10. steelfish May 30, 2019

What did they increase it from? I bought my Speedy 9300 in April 2017 (I think). Wondering if that was a three year warranty, seems to ring a bell.

11. queriver May 30, 2019

Perhaps the additional 3 years of warranty cover will be able to be purchased as an option. Sometimes works this way with other consumer goods.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 30, 2019

JLC just increased warranties to 8 years, so it's possible Omega are trying to keep up, but who knows.

All I can say is, expect a price increase for them to cover the additional costs of essentially doing the first service for "free" because that's what this will end up being.

WatchShopping likes this.
  13. Evitzee May 30, 2019

When I buy something with my American Express Gold Card the warranty is extended for two extra years on items that have a manufacturer's warranty of 2 to 5 years. They started this updated program in August 2018. I've never actually tried to use this feature but have no doubt it would work if something went 'boing' during the extended warranty period. I bought a CK 2998 Blue Panda from an AD last December, it had been in their inventory since September 2016, since it was sold after Omega started their 5 year warranty I got the longer warranty plus I got an extra two years from AMEX (plus 5525 AMEX points for the purchase). So a watch made in 2016 is covered until Dec 2025, works for me. Check your credit cards, there are various warranty extenders built into some of them that most people aren't aware of. It's a competitive world and companies are vying for business, extended warranties probably don't cost them much because most people aren't aware of them or forget they have them when the product goes belly up.

Edited May 30, 2019
    WatchShopping likes this.
  14. mmrols Jun 2, 2019

This would be awesome.