Forums Latest Members

Extemely Rare Omega Seamaster De Ville

1. spencer Jun 1, 2013

I have an extremely rare 1970s-1980s Omega seamaster deville that is 10k gold plated. I was informed that this watch was worth over $18,000. To set the minute hand you have to push the crown in. It is for sale on ebay if interested.

gold omega.JPG gold omega 2.JPG
  2. ulackfocus Jun 1, 2013

Really? By who?

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 1, 2013

That watch only worth USD $150 maximum. Very few quartz's are collectible. Unfortunately yours is not one of them. I am afraid you got info from the wrong source.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 1, 2013

Your informer is either:

a. Deluded
    b. Pulling your leg
    c. Ignorant of watch knowledge
    d. All of the above

The best way to get an idea of it's market value is to search eBay for similar watches in active and completed listings.
    My estimate is $100 to $200, depending on how lucky you are.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 2, 2013

But it is 10k!!!! Gold plated!!!! Surely it is worth $10k????

Privateday7 likes this.
  6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 2, 2013

It is deifinitely worth 10K in IDR.

7. spencer Jun 2, 2013

I was informed by an Omega watch collector with the same watch, which is the only one I can find. I have checked everywhere for this rare watch and not a trace of it anywhere.

8. spencer Jun 2, 2013

Does anybody know the actual value of this watch. I have been informed that it was worth $18,000. It is the movement where you push the crown in to set the minute hand. It is extremely rare and it is not on ebay or any other watch website. It is 10 karat gold plated.

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 2, 2013

Being uncommon does not equal to high price. It mostly depends on whether there is high demand for the watch.
    Quartz watches is generally low in demand . Yours is not an exception.
    The same with gold filled. Vintage watch ranks from Solid gold, Stainless steel then gold filled/ plated.
    I don't intend to ruin your hope, I just tell you the reality in watch collection community.
    If you want to check the value of a vintage watch just check eBay . It does not have to be 100% same with yours, just check closely similar one (quartz movement , Seamaster line, similar years, similar case design, similar gold filled).

Check this:
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/VINTAGE-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-SWISS-MADE-QUARTZ-DAY-DATE-GOLDEN-DIAL-MENS-LUXURY-WATCH-/261222443285Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network? pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3cd2122915&_uhb=1#ht_2959wt_1139Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Vintage-...hes&hash=item33827484f5&_uhb=1#ht_4748wt_1139Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/RAREST-V...hes&hash=item27d3612189&_uhb=1#ht_1303wt_1139Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Vintage-..._GL&hash=item27d363d477&_uhb=1#ht_1074wt_1139Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/OMEGA-SE...ches&hash=item257e9dc46e&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1156Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

While their price is already set at reasonable low bar, almost no one bid them.

10. spencer Jun 2, 2013

Yes but there is not the same watch anywhere. The movement is the unique part of this watch, someone who actually owns this same watch informed me, and since I have not found anybody else on ebay or any other websites who own this watch telling me otherwise, I have to agree with the only person who owns it.

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 2, 2013

Well it is up to you. Just don't expect anybody else will agree with your opinion.
    Certainly I don't.

chronos likes this.
  12. screwzlewz Jun 2, 2013

Unless the movement is made out of platinum and the battery is fusion powered I'd rely on the collective voice of the community rather than one person who has the same watch.

13. hondaman Jun 2, 2013

It is worth whatever someone will pay for it. In my opinion it will be measured in hundreds....not thousands.

14. hondaman Jun 2, 2013

Just for clarity the like given was not sincere but operator error. Trying to get used to using my new tablet.

ocabj likes this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 2, 2013

I can find you a unique bottle cap that no one else has, but at the end of the day it's just a bottle cap. Your watch is a bottle cap of watches. Sad perhaps, but nothing more. We are not saying that you can't wear it proudly, it is a reputable brand and representative of an era, but it is still a $200 watch, if you find a buyer. If you choose not to believe people who have collections of dozens or scores of valuable watches and who have studied watches for years, so be it. Eventually you will learn for yourself as the market will be your teacher.

chronos likes this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 2, 2013

I would suggest that the original poster read Desmond's article on the definition of "rarity".

http://users.tpg.com.au/mondodec//RarityinConstellations.pdf

The fact remains that at the time this watch was produced, Omega was producing dozens if not hundreds of different case references per year. Most of these were made in very limited quantities, although many used the same quartz ETA based movements.

This is a situation of very limited supply but near zero demand. As they say, "it takes two to tango".
    gatorcpa

chronos likes this.
  17. ulackfocus Jun 2, 2013

I thought a few members did mention the value - about $200. Seems right to me for a garden variety quartz watch in less than stellar condition from the 70's or 80's.

18. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 2, 2013

$18,000 minus two zeros equals the true value, about $180.00 would be generous in this condition.

Its not special, desirable or valuable, sorry.

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 3, 2013

::deadhorse::

Privateday7 likes this.
  20. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 3, 2013

ooh, can we have an emoticon of Psy riding the deadhorse:
    ::psy:: ::deadhorse:: [​IMG]