Forums Latest Members
  1. DOMriviera Oct 29, 2015

Hi the Speed experts (and the others !)
    I'm considering to make a fast offer on that 321 Speed.
    According the description " The watch runs, chrono is hard to switch on, off and hands back is OK. The bezel is faded with wear scratches. Case unopened. Has to be serviced."
    Critical advises really welcome (and a fair price level if you do not say "avoid it !")
    Thanks a lot
    DOM

Speed321_1.JPG Speed321_2.JPG Speed321_3.JPG
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 29, 2015

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It would be helpful to have more pictures, including the movement, movement # and inside caseback.

Given the photos, it doesn't look bad. The bezel is a more modern service replacement as the Dot is not Over Ninety. The dial and hands are OK, maybe a little tired, but nice looking. Case, maybe a bit polished.

On the otherhand, it comes with bracelet. A picture of the inside of the clasp and under side of the endlinks would help too.

I think it's a 105.012, so, http://speedmaster101.com/105-012/

And for an idea of price, somewhere between Running and Good (closer to running). http://speedmaster101.com/price-chart-2/

If the movement # checks out with known serial numbers, then maybe $4.5-$5K USD or so for the head. The bracelet, if 1506, then it may be worth over $1000, especially if it comes with #16 endlinks.

Bracelet reference: http://issuu.com/mstanga/docs/tab_bracciali_omega_ultima.xls

gemini4 likes this.
  3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 29, 2015

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but shouldn't an early 105.012 with a double -step case back have a close spaced T dial?

4. Davidt Oct 29, 2015

I was thinking the same.

The hands also look like replacements as this chronic hand wasn't used on this model and they clearly look newer.

5. Javi22 Oct 29, 2015

The Bezel is wrong , because it is no DON. ( DOT OVER 90). The indizes are a little bit dirty.
    Hands are replacements and wrong. ::shy::

Bracelet can be a 1039, 1506, 7912 etc. Look at the stamps inside. Are there stamps on the Endlinks?

6. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 29, 2015

Endlinks are 516 so most likely a 1039.

7. Javi22 Oct 29, 2015

Ok. and i believe the crown is not the right one with 24 Teeth and small Omega Logo, but i'm not sure.:unsure:

8. Javi22 Oct 29, 2015

Must look like this one....[​IMG]

9. DOMriviera Oct 29, 2015

Wahooo ! Tons of knowledge and precious infos ... plus real kindness.
    Sorry for the few pictures but no more available, if I do, I have to put an offer "as is" tomorow.
    I'll take the night (I am in Europe) for reflexion and may be some more advices. I'll tell you.
    Anyway thanks to everybody

10. Javi22 Oct 29, 2015

My advice is , don't buy this watch. Look for a better one, with correct parts.

DON is by 700-1000 $.
    Correct old Hands are hard to find and the Dial is not perfect....3-.
    Crown? 24 teeth and flat Feet? if you need a new ( old one) it's hard to find and expensive.

Best Rgs.
    Stefan

11. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 29, 2015

I would check for replies from members who really are speedmaster gurus before making a decision. There will be plenty more opinions overnight.
    FWIW, the crown looks correct to me.

oddboy likes this.
  12. DOMriviera Oct 29, 2015

Wait for some more "gurus" (which are the real ones vs the self assessed ones ??? That's the net is not it ?). Let the antipodes talk and see after some rest ... See you tomorrow guys ::yawn::

13. Davidt Oct 29, 2015

To give a better opinion you need to tell us some more info.

What's the price?
    What do you think about it?
    What are you looking for-reasonable daily wearer, to start a small collection of one or two good pieces, cheap beater?

The hands are new and the crown may or may not be original. These aren't huge issues to overcome, if the rest of the watch is good. In this case, the rest of the watch isn't great. The dial is ok which is a decent start, but the bezel is wrong and the case seems to have had a polish.

If it's cheap and you just want an ok 321 Speedmaster it might be ok as it is, with some correctly aged hands. However, if you want a good, correct example, even with $1k for a correct bezel and a bit of work to add some 'age' to a new set of hands, you've still just got an ok dial and a polished case.

14. DOMriviera Oct 31, 2015

Thanks again, I listened your advices and gave up !