Experience with the green Seamaster SMP 300m

I posted this in WUS yesterday and thought I might as well post it here too.

I bought this watch one year ago when I was in Lisbon. Just went to the Omega Boutique and they had one reserved to a costumer who was not picking it up, and the deal was that the shop would call the costumer and if he didn't show up the next day, I could have it. I came back and he didn't, so it was mine. On rubber because that's what was available. As I could benefit from the tax refund for non UE residents, it was a pretty good price. Also, I was lucky and bought it before the recent price raises.
A few months ago I added this Uncle 1450 bracelet, a good quality product that fits nicely with the watch design:

sHgMlGG.jpg

What I wanted from this watch was a fun summer watch I could wear on vacation. Last week I went to the Brazilian northeast beaches and took it with me on the wrist. For some fun, I put the rubber strap back on. I went through it all: sunny days, beach, sea, pool, countryside, river... Nine days of fun in which the watch gained about 15 seconds, so maybe +1.5s/d which is pretty good. Unfortunately, my pictures don't do it justice:

LUpcmI5.jpg
xwe6rOc.jpg
rGxCXVG.jpg
hYEgXD6.jpg

The green Seamaster in the green Brazilian sea, with some fishes around:

XQWXeI3.jpg
3w1e3PP.jpg
WZx7WNM.jpg

A note: at first I didn't like that it had a calendar, but in this trip it was useful to quickly remember what day it was when I was making plans on where to go the next days. Also, the lume is amazing when you spend some hours under the bright sun:

jyqcLXn.jpg

After one year, this trip was the best chance to enjoy this watch I had so far. Here's the last pictures, at the pool and driving back to the airport:

2BmuDaq.jpg
F2h4rLz.jpg

I bought mine in November and have lived a much more pedestrian life than you. I wore it on the original Bond bracelet for the first six months or so but got a good deal on a used US 1450. Great bracelet but when I visited family out West for the week, I had to put it back on that beautiful, excellent OE Bond bracelet. I kept it on that for a couple months but put it back on the 1450 this past weekend.
IMG_20230721_084231_1.jpg

Had the opportunity to put one on my wrist last week when I picked up some end links from the AD. Put it on my wrist and said to the Sales Associate "Yep, I get it. I understand why everyone is liking the green." Really wonderful watch and the green plays with the light very well. A definite contender for me one day.

Hope you enjoy yours even more for the years to come. And it looks great on the US1450!

I've not seen one IRL yet, but it looks fabulous. So much better than that green watch from that other Swiss watch manufacturer.

I've not seen one IRL yet, but it looks fabulous. So much better than that green watch from that other Swiss watch manufacturer.
Starbucks? Ok sure. Hulk? Nahhhhh the Hulk SLAPS

I suspect that it will usually or always look quite black when indoors. But not as black as the black model.
That's not personal experience. That's just the impression I get from videos. I'm talking indoors.

I suspect that it will usually or always look quite black when indoors. But not as black as the black model.
That's not personal experience. That's just the impression I get from videos. I'm talking indoors.

Depending on the light, but usually green indoors. Not the same green as under the sun though.

If you didn't know it was green, indoors it might appear black but not always. If you know it's green, you can pick the shade out most of the time. The other night and inside a restaurant vestibule I was asked if my watch was a new green Seamaster.