Forums Latest Members

Expanding NATO collection - CK2998

1. BruceTheManLee Aug 28, 2016

Finally, I got around to expanding my NATO collection specifically for my CK2998. I purchased these NATOs with the CK2998 in mind in terms of color and size. I have the original OEM strap plus the two other vintage blue leather straps from Colareb and Bulang&Sons but felt I needed something dressed down for weekends/summer.

1) blue/red/silver (i picked this up even before my watch arrived. i took a chance that it would go and it does)
    2) grey (needed something under the radar - although not blue, the grey complements the blue/silver/steel)
    3) blue/white/orange (fun colors - the white isn't perfect but it works nicely with the orange)
    4) blue/yellow (perfect match - nautical colors!)

I'm not a huge fan of bracelet (unless its my Rolex) but with 3 leather and 4 NATOs, I think the CK2998 will have a fighting chance to earn some wrist time!

1 - 2 (2).jpg

1 - 1 (10).jpg

1 - 3 (1).jpg

1 - 4 (4).jpg

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. manivxr Aug 28, 2016

The bluey slate nato goes well. Not too sure about others. Bit its great to mix and match

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Faz likes this.
  3. jcmartinez98 Aug 28, 2016

It may be that I just haven't seen this one in person to appreciate its ability to "dress down," but these all seem like terry cloth interior on a Rolls-Royce...

w.finkenstaedt likes this.
  4. w.finkenstaedt Aug 28, 2016

Ditto this. The most casual strap I'd put this on is the nylon/leather deployant strap from the Good Planet AT 39. It belongs on either OEM gator or the Speedmaster Racing bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. meganfox17 Aug 28, 2016

Hi @BruceTheManLee

I'm on the same page with @manivxr & agree with @jcmartinez98 on the visual appearance of the Nato.Say i've got an idea[emoji362] Why not combined both their brains together[emoji14][​IMG]That's a Nylon Nato Style Strap from a 3rd Party for Apple SmartWatches called Clockwork Synergy[​IMG]It has both premium feel & rugged looks ,more stitching plus a nice generous thickness to it[​IMG]Maybe you should check it out[emoji4]

6. tigerpac Aug 28, 2016

Looking good. I think the nato's are a great compliment.

7. Faz Aug 28, 2016

+1
    For my taste its a stretch even with that one. The NATO doesn't do anything positive for that watch. I think leather is the way to go if you aren't goint to use the bracelet,

Cheers,.

8. Bushido Aug 28, 2016

I have to agree with Faz. The CK is a pretty classy looking watch and those natos aren't complimenting it very well in my humble opinion. However, if you enjoy the look, go for it :)

9. BruceTheManLee Aug 28, 2016

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I appreciate the forum expertise/opinion.

10. Kofosu Sep 17, 2016

I think they are all super cool and fun. Nothing is too matchy-matchy. Don't overthink it. Rockem' all. I'd stop if I saw those combos in the wild and commend your high style. Trying to find that CK2998. Having no luck

BruceTheManLee likes this.
  11. Ree Sep 17, 2016

Maybe we should see some being worn on the wrist. I bet that blue-grey one would look pretty nice

12. WatchVaultNYC Sep 18, 2016

How's about fish leather?

[​IMG]

13. larryganz The cable guy Sep 22, 2016

I went with the Grey/Gunmetal Blue NATO - slightly more blue in it than yours. I'll have to ask my watchmaker what brand this is, because it's nice and thick and heavy duty and wont have the buckle pins stretch the holes. It might be a $20 Hadley Roma, but it's softer than the other's I've bought from that brand. 20mm with curved spring bars.

IMG_4034.jpg IMG_4072.jpg
    MIDASCHEN and Ree like this.