Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Excelsior Park Monte Carlo chronograph - FURTHER REDUCED

1. khanmu Feb 13, 2020

Hi All

For sale is my very nice Excelsior Park Monte Carlo chronograph, dating from the very late 1970's early 1980s. For those not familiar with EP, they were a famous watchmaker that produced their own movements and also built for Gallet, Girard-Perregaux, Zenith. Like a number of other watch companies, they went bankrupt in the 80's due to the quartz crisis.

I understand that the Excelsior Park Monte Carlo was made by EP from parts that they made for other watchmakers - the movements were originally made for Breitling, who had gone bust earlier. As a result, having been left with the movements, the bridges on all Monte Carlos were machined out to erase the Breitling name, and other parts used to make a limited batch of watches. The case and bezel are stylistically similar to the Zenith CP-2, and also the Bulova Marine Star of the period (the case seems to be exactly the same when I compared it to a friends Marine Star). It seems the Zenith bezel was painted whilst the EP is inlaid.

The watch
    - Stainless steel case, large for the period and now at 42mm in diameter with a length of 52mm, 13.5mm thickness and 22mm lug width - it has great wrist presence. Case is in excellent condition.
    - the dial and subdials are in amazing condition, original and unmolested, and the lume on the dial, the hands have lovely colour
    - the movement is a Valjoux 7740, essentially a Caliber 11/12-based manual wind with, unfortunately, a non quick-set date
    - this one has a glass caseback fitted, which I assume is aftermarket, but fits perfectly nonetheless shows off the handsome movement
    - It was serviced in 2018 and I will include a copy of the receipt. I have it on a nice lightly worn quick release tan strap and will also include a new dark brown or black one.

Sale Terms
    I am asking £2800 net via PayPal FF or bank transfer/transferwise. For normal Paypal please add 3%. This includes insured, fully tracked and signed for expedited courier shipping (i'll knock £50 off or UK/EU buyers), I am also willing to consider offers. I have references here both as a buyer and seller, let me know if you want these.

I am happy to take returns within one week of you receiving the watch, but return shipping at your cost.

Trade:
    I am also willing to consider trades, with top-up cash from me , for a Tudor Snowflake (blue dial), a Rolex Explorer 1016 or a Rolex 214270 Explorer

Thank you!

Ep3.jpg

EP2.jpg

EP1.jpg

Edited Mar 19, 2020
    0uss, allwoundup, noelekal and 20 others like this.
  2. khanmu Feb 17, 2020

Monday bump..

3. khanmu Feb 24, 2020

Bump and price reduction - £3250 now including shipping

4. khanmu Mar 5, 2020

Bump and further price reduction to £3000 now including shipping

5. khanmu Mar 12, 2020

Bump

6. khanmu Mar 19, 2020

Bump and further reduced - now £2800 including shipping!