Forums Latest Members

Every now and then something else pops up.....

1. lindo Dec 17, 2020

As I had picked up some good vintage pieces this year I had decided that the watch acquisition fund needed to go into hibernation for a while to recover.

That should have meant that there would be no further scanning of eBay or Forum offerings, but hell, looking is free, isn’t it?

Which reminds me of the time my wife criticised my frank appreciation of a pretty girl passing by: I replied with the old chestnut “Just because I am on a diet doesn’t mean I can’t look at the menu.” (Despite the overwhelming logic of this response, I was still in bad odour for a while).

However I rarely see a vintage Seamaster with a pie pan and cross hair dial, and when this recently came up for sale I could not resist. It has a gold capped 166.009, 34 mm screw back case, with what I believe is the original crown and Omega crystal with date lens. Calibre 562 and movement are from 1963. And even the buckle on the band is original.

It arrived today so I just had to share my pleasure with guys who understand.

IMG_0754.JPG IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0751.JPG

2. pdxleaf ... Dec 17, 2020

That watch has some powerful mojo. It would have haunted your dreams if you hadn't picked it up.

DaveK and lindo like this.
  3. Pun Dec 17, 2020

It's indeed a beauty that can't be missed at all....
    Better than a passing by girl, anyday!!

lindo likes this.
  4. Benbradstock Dec 17, 2020

That’s a handsome little bastard.

lindo likes this.