Forums Latest Members

Ever since my Mom bought my Dad an Omega ...

1. WrkdbfGuy Apr 19, 2016

... for his birthday, I've wanted one. I think she paid something like $350 for it way back when. I don't know what model it was. They don't have the watch anymore. But I remember I liked it. My dad probably sold it in a flea market at some point. At any rate, I finally succumbed to the urge and got my first - an Omega Seamaster Diver 300 M (212.30.41.20.03.001).

Omega1.jpg

Now just to decide whether I want to keep it or return it. I like it well enough but I have been looking at an Omega Seamaster Pro GMT edition (2535.80) online. I sorta like the Wavy Blue face, and the GMT function with it's extra red accents. But it's really hard to get a sense of the Wavy vs. Solid Blue faces from online photos. Decisions, decisions ... (and No. The Boss says I cannot have both).

Bill

Edited Apr 19, 2016
    larryganz likes this.
  2. rbob99 Apr 19, 2016

For my money, I'd keep this one. It's a classic.

3. dx009 Apr 19, 2016

:eek: :whipped:

4. larryganz The cable guy Apr 20, 2016

I would keep the one you have - the older GMT with waves looks too busy in the dial area to me.

5. leetse2 Apr 20, 2016

Congrats on the acquisition! I'm a big fan of the older black dial and great white Seamaster GMTs. You get the wavy dial with the touch of red on the dial. I had a SMPc and sold it because it was too shiny and I found it less versatile on other types of straps. Good luck.

6. Cosd Apr 20, 2016

Congrats on new watch, it's lovely.

7. WrkdbfGuy Apr 20, 2016

I think I'll keep the SMPc. It looks clean and neat. And besides I can always get a wavy dial later. Now off to research and find a nice Blue band for it. Maybe the Hirsch Professional. Thanks for the replies and opinions.

Bill