Forums Latest Members

even with all the questionable watch games

1. jhross98 Feb 3, 2019

superfly and JimJupiter like this.
  2. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Feb 3, 2019

I dont know if restoring a rare watch and "shady watch games" belong in the same sentence. There is nothing wrong with restoring a rare watch and then selling it. In this case there is an issue in that the case number isn't correct for the dial, but thats another story altogether, and a reason why collectors need to do their homework. But this is true with any hobby.

But are we even certain this is the same watch...24 hours later seems odd, especially considering it was an auction sale.

Edited Feb 3, 2019
    bazamu, citizenrich and Foo2rama like this.
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Feb 3, 2019

@hotmail.com
    seems like if you have 5 figure watches you could afford your own domain.
    who uses hotmail anymore?

Edited Feb 3, 2019
    BradleyJ. likes this.
  4. Evitzee Feb 3, 2019

I still use hotmail, nothing wrong with it. I can just use 'outlook' instead of the word 'hotmail' in the address if that makes you feel better.

5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Feb 3, 2019

Are you in the business of selling high end watches?

6. jhross98 Feb 3, 2019

i had the same question when i stumbled upon this IG accou
    I changed the title from shady to questionable because you are right there is nothing inherently wrong with restoring a watch

I guess I am just stunned at this level of restoration in 24 hrs combined w zero disclosure and an ig seller no one I know has heard of with all seeming perfect looking very rare watches

7. JimJupiter Feb 3, 2019

It’s this guy who is selling the watches under a new “brand” :

https://instagram.com/royaloak01_heuerperpetual

He is Swiss and selling and buying a lot of watches. Can’t say something about the condition of all watches, with the two Enicar’s I got I was happy.

Nico

about3blank, Archer and CajunTiger like this.
  8. jhross98 Feb 4, 2019

wristpirate likes this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 4, 2019

10. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Feb 4, 2019

The dial is extremely rare...there is no reason to swap the dial (or should I say...there isn't another dial to swap). The whole point of this item is the dial. What should be looked at is everything else.

11. about3blank Feb 4, 2019

This is correct. Recently switch to dealing like a few weeks ago, so he dumped a bunch of his awesome collection up for sale.

Was that always the endgame? Who knows? But I purchased a watch from him, which I vetted closely, and am satisfied with it.

However, he is also selling a 2998 with an asymmetrical clutch bridge, which tells you to at the very least be diligent and do your homework. (To be clear, this bridge was not hidden or anything. It was clearly shown in his initial advertising pictures. And in the watch that I did purchase, he disclosed tiny faults to me without my prompting/asking).