Forums Latest Members
  1. nsmike Mar 6, 2012

OK I've got the pictures original or redone Cosmic1.jpg Cosmic1.jpg Cosmic1.jpg Cosmicbkl.jpg

Cosmicws.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2012

It's a redial, but it's the best I've ever seen on a Cosmic. The giveaway: the ink is too thick (we call it "over-inked"). It really stands out on the first "e" in Seamaster.

Hold on for more information. I thought the crosshair coming up from 6 and running between the S and M of COSMIC was a problem too, but now I see a different reference (166.0022) that had this on it's dial.

3. nsmike Mar 6, 2012

Thanks Dennis, I think I'll keep it, is the buckle original?

4. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2012

Here's a picture of the font on my SM Cosmic for comparison:

[​IMG]

Even through the crappy scuffed crystal you can see it's much more defined.

Still, that's a hell of a job. Most redialers screw up the minute/second track. Try to find out who did yours because they have the correct dies apparently.

Still not sure on the crosshair thing. I don't think this reference is supposed to have it that far up - it should stop underneath COSMIC.

5. nsmike Mar 6, 2012

The seller is a private party but it apparently had come from "The Land of Frankens" Argentina.

6. ulackfocus Mar 6, 2012

You did well for something from Argentina. Just make sure there's a caliber 611 inside. I think that's the way it came from Bienne.

7. nsmike Mar 6, 2012

I have two watches in transit, that will need to go to the watchmaker, when they get here I'll have the movement checked along with the seal. I do need the male stem replaced it's a little too easy to seperate.

8. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

Definitely redial like Dennis said, but not too bad. I've seen worse! Congrats! :thumbsup:

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

Incidentally, Argentina is also the mecca for cheap polo players as well as franken Omegas. Just my random fact of the day.