Forums Latest Members
  1. ev3cle4r Apr 11, 2015

Hablas espanyol? :)

Hello Mods of the Omega Forum,

is there any possibility to discuss the incidences that occured in the omega forum lately?

My vision and dream is to become one of the biggest vintage omgea dealers in europe and i would like the forum to join me on that journey. I dont feel that anything will (or can) stop me as i have started up with one omega and traded myself upwards to arround 150 omegas, facing terrible difficulties that i had to solve throughout this journey. I will continiue trading and collecting omegas as i fell that this is the beauty of life.

Please take the time overviewing the following as i also put effort in writing it down:

Maybe i didnt make clear so far that i am not earning direct income through my watch dealing company as all revenue is reinvested in the acquisition of new watches and diversification of the portfolio itsself. I also keep more focus on quality as the learning curve increases, including but not limited to following every advice of the forum - having bought and read all the books advised. (Moonwatch only, Journey through time)

I am fully aware that some of my posts could have offended other members, especially everything regarding a service - but also here i would like to note that whenever a customer faced a difficulty after a purchase i did everything to solve the issue - on my own expenses, even if it meant facing a loss. I am also not lying when a customer inquires a watch. All re-dials are stated as so and if its asked when the watch was last time serviced my response is accurate and the bare truth. I am running an official company and i really dont want to face any legal charges because of "lying" for instance. My customers are often lawyers or have the money to pay those and its really not a business model i want to build on. (I would also like to point out that a significant number of customers demand or request a redial - as its perfectly clean. I tell them its a loss in collectors value but they just dont care - they want it "look nice"!)

Here is a list of positive customer feedbacks so far: <URL REMOVED --Trev>

Of course, i have not listed the negative ones, but let me ensure you that they were lonly a friction and we always found a solution (repair, exchance, price reduction, full refund) for complete customer satisfaction so far.

Regarding my prices i am siginifcantly more expensive than ebay for instance. But also a lot less expensive than other vintage watch dealers in europe. I compare my prices with ebay "buy it now" or chrono24 listings. Each of my prices are negotiateable up to 25% which my customers take advantage of. So i think its a reasonable price range but i leave it up to the customer to decide.

The ban from the forum made me feel terrible as i felt that i am loosing a piece of something i felt comfortable in. I felt like somebody who is accused of stealing, scamming or of dealing with fake watches or something in that sphere and that was even more hurtful.

Regarding the future of my participation in the forum i have no intention of selling my watches through the forum until the moderators do feel that i am ready for that. I would like to use the forum to learn and to discuss and to exchange and surround myself with the omega experts in there. I am fully aware of the value i receive and i am willing to pay the received knowledge forward when time comes.

It was not easy for me to sit down and write the above. I honestly dont want to create another multi-account (it takes 30 seconds as your forum clearly lacks security) as i dont feel that it would be the right approach. Maybe there is another, much better, solution.

Thanks,
    Maximilian

Edited by a mod Apr 11, 2015
  2. ev3cle4r Apr 11, 2015

maybe we had a rough start but i really like you guys.

3. Hijak Apr 11, 2015

Wow, what a douche!:rolleyes:

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 11, 2015

I don't know why I am wasting my time replying but:

It makes no difference whether you are drawing an income from your business or re-investing the profits. The fact remains that you are trying to run a business, to make a profit, by relying on the good will of others who have the knowledge and experience you completely lack.

You have insulted the intelligence of the members of this forum, on multiple occasions, by pretending to be a novice collector or seller and asking for friendly advice when in fact you are attempting to be a dealer. You claim to like us yet you treat us with contempt. You are just a user and that type of person can never understand why other people do not like them.

Please go and troll somewhere else and I hope the owners of this forum block your IP addresses.

5. ev3cle4r Apr 11, 2015

look at the private sales forum.... 50% of you are "dealers" as its in the nature of some collectors to buy and sell and suddenly you end up with watches valued far above as the initial beginning.... everybody who is selling more than 5 watches a year is considered a dealer by austrian law.

1) buying and selling is the beauty of collecting.
    2) when i entered the forum (with the first account) i was completely honest by stating that I'm running www.vintage-portfolio.com
    3) yes, i lack knowledge but thats why i am here and i will pay it forward for many years to come.

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2015

This thread is a great example of the rubbish that Ash gets to deal with when these characters misbehave.

Totally self serving juvenile arguments telling us it's not fair that we protect forum members from questionable business practices.

Please don't feed the troll - he has been banned again & cannot respond.

Darlinboy and X350 XJR like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 11, 2015

Why not post all the negative feedback if your being open and transparent.

1) buying and selling is the beauty of collecting. No dickhead RESEARCH is the beauty

Sorry @SpikiSpikester i had to get that off my chest

apsm100, Seaborg, fahmee and 4 others like this.
  8. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 11, 2015

Too true, I shudder to even think about the hours that have been consumed with research. Much more fun than just asking someone to tell you.:thumbsup:

Edited by a mod Apr 11, 2015
    STANDY likes this.
  9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 11, 2015

Seaborg and watchme like this.
  10. lwong Apr 11, 2015

Would've been a lot more straightforward and believable if you'd just opened one account and explained with a post like this, rather than create several accounts to try and obscure your true identity (Why? To drum up interest for the watches you planned to sell?).

Those threads of yours that were dominated by dollars and cents, occasionally followed by f-bombs in capslock, were also a pain to read. I found myself beginning to resent Scrooge McDuck, which is kinda sad.

11. ulackfocus Apr 11, 2015

I guess he'll try Mandrin as his next language......

Seaborg and Tritium like this.
  12. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 11, 2015

I start to like this maximillian; or whatever his name might be. I have a soft spot for loosers. maybe we could have a daily " spot our maxi`s new ID " competition ? have an auction; raffle some real omegas for him and from the price money organize a distraction in the form of a 3o minute "lady of the night" type visitor? that would give us precious 30 minutes without him. don`t give up, MAXI ! here in Australia you know, that you made it, when they call you a " fucking idiot". keep us amused ! well done. kind regards. achim

cristos71, Joe K., STANDY and 2 others like this.
  13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 11, 2015

My personal favourites here are:

"My customers are often lawyers or have the money to pay those and its really not a business model i want to build on." = it's OK to rip off people who I perceive to have loads of money to spend, but I'll stop ripping them off if I figure out a legitimate way to make the same money. Which is a bit like listening to one of Tony Sopranos' sessions with Dr Melfi. And it ignores the fact we have a lot of lawyers and other professionals who are active in the forum.

and

"I honestly dont want to create another multi-account (it takes 30 seconds as your forum clearly lacks security) as i dont feel that it would be the right approach." = I'm hiding the fact I use a dynamic IP rotator to play cat and mouse with the mods & I want to troll members about the security here. I won't stop myself creating multiple accounts to be a nuisance because I think I am making a veiled threat that will compel you to reach an accommodation with me.

I guess we can add "Gibberish" to the list of languages spoken :)

14. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 11, 2015

Warren, I think you forgot:

"yes, i lack knowledge but thats why i am here and i will pay it forward for many years to come" = When I get to the stage where I actually know what I am doing, I will gloat and be able to rip off even more people.

SpikiSpikester and KIMBER like this.
  15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 11, 2015

Hey max ( we shorten all word in Australia ) how bout you start your own Forum OMEGA REDIALS AND FRANKENS you could be the ORF mod and kick people off for posting real Omega watches. There is a business model you should know well

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 11, 2015

I'LL SIGN UP FOR THAT ONE.

AND I'LL ONLY POST AFTER A FEW LAGAVULINS JUST TO KEEP THAT FORUM TICKIN OVER.

Ah, fuck, CAPS lock!!!!

STANDY likes this.
  17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 11, 2015

I'll have to blame The Balvenie Doublewood 12YO for that one :D

I'm stuffed, off to bed for me.

Night night, sleep tight etc.............................

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 11, 2015

Practicing Jim it would be a all CAPS and BOLD site.

19. timeismoney Apr 11, 2015

Yes, very sad. This jackass totally ruined the Scrooge McDuck for me.

20. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Apr 11, 2015

Everclear,

If you truly want to learn more about Omegas and you don't want to piss off the forum members any more than they already are, I suggest you simply read the tens of thousands of threads already created here, containing one of the greatest wealths of information you'll find on vintage Omegas.

I believe that perhaps half of the threads created today could have been avoided had the OP had researched previous threads.

Just stop what you're doing. That much should be clear.

Georgieboy58 likes this.