Forums Latest Members

Eurovision song contest, a circus of the bizarre!

1. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 11, 2014

Yes eurovision has outdone itself this year, not content to be a worldwide hive of ridicule, this years winner really takes the biscuit. Its about time britain stopped calling itself part of europe because if this is what europe wants, i most certainly dont.
    [​IMG]

2. cristos71 May 11, 2014

Absolutely mind boggling, what planet are the BBC on when calling him, "her" and "she" ?

3. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 11, 2014

...said the man with the avatar of the sheep with a flower sticking out of its ass. :p

What country does this..um, nightingale come from?

Fritz likes this.
  4. Daniel B May 11, 2014

Haha... Yeah it's new alright.

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 11, 2014

The avatar is a jack russel with a flower that reminds me of my own dog. The beautiful ladybloke in question comes from austria. Now all you american folk see what the brits have to put up with.

Fritz likes this.
  6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 11, 2014

Gad..... at least if the jack russel goes weird(er) you can have it put down.

Thats just wrong. What's he/she/its act? Howling at the moon while playing the bagpipes?

7. Northernman Lemaniac May 11, 2014

The same that brought us Adolf Hitler and Josef Fritzl to name a few:confused:!

8. Mothra May 11, 2014

As a brit, I think this is A) hilarious and B) a good thing in the long term for tolerance in general. There's a big kerfuflle right now - in five years we'll look back and wonder what the fuss is about.

9. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 11, 2014

As a brit, I think this is A) hilarious and B) a good thing in the long term for tolerance in general. There's a big kerfuflle right now - in five years we'll look back and wonder what the fuss is about.

The reason i take offence to this is because it makes this abonimation tolerable and in turn the norm. A very bad impression to set for the youth of today. There was a reason this kind of thing was frowned on back in the day.

Fritz likes this.
  10. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2014

The back story is that this is a drag artist - obviously making no attempt to actually pass for a woman - and the majority of European participants appear to have voted in favour of the the artist as an act of protest against the Putin regime in Russia (another participant in the competition whose contestants were booed throughout their act and the voting).

If you aren't sure why Russia would be booed and support shown for this type of act, googling the international news will show why: an increasing amount of state oppression against homosexuals and alternative lifestyles, vigilante gangs administering severe beatings and worse to people even rumoured not to be "straight" and blatant Russian state sponsored violence in neighbouring states designed to lead to them being reintegrated with Russia.

If you're the type of person to get aggravated by alternative sexuality, I'm guessing you'll find the prospect of an expanding and aggressive Russian state to be just a bit more of a serious international problem.

11. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 11, 2014

To be honest if politics are involved I'm out of the discussion. The uk and USA travelled the world armed oil prospecting. It's the ruskies turn to be bullies.

Fritz likes this.
  12. shaun hk Fairy nuffer May 12, 2014

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 12, 2014

Here in Australia Dame Edna Everage is a national treasure and everyone's seen Priscilla Queen of the Desert, blokes dressing up in frocks is just a good bit of fun that doesn't bother anybody.

14. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 12, 2014

Some of us have been doing this for a long time :rolleyes: - just keeping in touch with our heritage !!!

15. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 12, 2014

So now we know what you get up to at the weekend Ash.

Very un-Australian behaviour.

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 12, 2014

There, fixed it for you.

:D

Mothra likes this.