Forums Latest Members
  1. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Apr 25, 2017

Hi all,

I'm going on an extended trip through Europe in the coming weeks, so I thought I'd ask the European members out there for recommendations (both watch and non-watch related things) and see if there are any members who would like to meet up (please PM me to set something up, if interested)! I will be free in May 5-7 in Paris and May 9-11 in Barcelona.

Cheers,
    Jordan

Rodmar likes this.
  2. ELV web Apr 25, 2017

Edited Apr 25, 2017
    jordn and Rodmar like this.
  3. Rodmar Apr 25, 2017

Went to Paris last year and what a trip it was. How many days?

4. Lewismark Apr 25, 2017

Go up to Tibidabo (Christ on the hill) in Barcelona, fantastic views and worth the trek. Montjuic is great too.
    My tip for Paris is take the train north to Normandy and visit the beaches, war cemeteries and museums. Contentious maybe but I'm not keen on Paris at all.

Longbow and jordn like this.
  5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 25, 2017

Omega Museum in Biel (Switzerland) if you are passing through. Hell, pick a mountain, if you are passing through :)

jordn likes this.
  6. lillatroll Apr 25, 2017

Went Barcelona in the summer there are a couple of watch shops, on the huge road near the cathedral. I did find one small vintage shop in a side street just off the main drag. I can't remember exactly where, we just happened upon it and my wife was not interested in letting me spend any time in there. I Visited the cathedral and a gaudi designed house. You can book online for both which will save you time because they give you a time to turn up. Barcelona is a huge city but it has a metro system that enables you to get around quite quickly. There are free city maps at the airport. Enjoy your trip.:)

jordn likes this.
  7. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Apr 25, 2017

Not music related. Just first vacation in about 20 years :)

8. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Apr 25, 2017

Spending about a week in the Paris area, a week in Barcelona, and 4 days in Switzerland

9. Oku Apr 25, 2017

Apart from the beautiful places all over Paris, I suggest going to a flea market.
    The biggest one is Puces de Saint-Ouen / porte Clignancourt. Prices are mostly high. But I like the place. It is opened from Saturday to Monday. But better check the dates before.

Other markets are:
    Puces de Vanves
    Avenue Marc Sangnier und Avenue Georges Lafenestre
    Metro: Porte de Vanves (Line 13)
    Saturday and Sunday 7 to 13

Puces de Montreuil
    Avenue du Professeur André Lemierre
    Metro: Porte de Montreuil
    Saturday - Monday 7 to 17

and a list of private markets:
    https://vide-greniers.org/75-Paris?_otid=home-list

Lastly, I have read (unfortunately, I haven't been there) that the 8th arrondissement has many nice vintage stores in particular for watches.

jordn likes this.