Forums Latest Members

SOLD [EUR 500 EU shipped] Tissot Stadium Chronograph Lemania 1276

1. gwzymytk Feb 4, 2017

Another piece that gets little wrist time, hence I will attempt to sell to fund a more serious piece.

A lovely Tissot Stadium two-register chronograph in a 34mm case, powered by a Lemania 1276 movement. A recent acquisition that, due to its small-ish size, sees little to no wrist time when in competition to my other watches. Purchased initially for a close friend, that eventually changed his mind so it remained in my collection.

01.jpg

Description (please refer to pictures - magnify them by clicking - and ask for additional details):

Case: Gold plated, 34mm in diameter. 18mm lug size. Has dents and scratches, signs from previous opening of the caseback, gold plating is generally in good condition with some exfoliation, especially at the tips of the lugs (please refer to pictures, I haven't found any significant damage but if you spot some please ask further and I'll take a macro shot under good lightning).

Crown and pushers: Signed crown, gold plated pushers with small dings and significant exfoliation (crown shows significant exfoliation too, but the "T" is still present).

Caseback: Pressed, with scratches and dings (some scratches are deeper, probably from failed attempts to open the case). I myself couldn't open it, so the only movement picture below belongs to the former seller.

Dial: Tachymeter scale, minutes and seconds counters with concentric rings. Shows "bubbling" of the original coating and some marks, some damage also around the edges - more prominently on the lower half of the dial, may be difficult to spot in the pictures. Script remains mostly intact from what I can gather. Applied baton markers.

Hands: Golden, with some flaking, scratches. Also displaying a bit of oxidation signs, most visible under 4x magnification. You can check the pictures, if you click on them a few times full resolution will tell a good story.

Glass: acrylic, original to the watch to my knowledge, with numerous small scratches and a more prominent one at 3 o'clock, above the minute counter subdial. I've got some polywatch left and can attempt cleaning them up but I am a firm believer in maintaining my pieces as original as possible.

Movement: Lemania 1276 manual wind, with signed bridge. Chronograph resets properly. Keeps time but haven't timed it and don't expect it to run within any Chronometer parameters, as service history is unknown (verbally, the previous owner stated it's been serviced some time ago).
    In my possession for three months and hasn't shown any odd behavior. Leaving the servicing decision up to the next owner.

Other stuff: Generic oiled leather strap (shown in the last pictures) with generic gold-colored buckle. No box or papers (the watch was most likely produced somewhere in the 50's or 60's).

Miscellaneous

Price: [REDUCED] EUR 500 net to me. Paypal only available to established members with relevant positive feedback. SWIFT bank transactions or other methods that do not incur taxes on my end are possible, 3% discount.
    Shipping not included, will be either by TNT at EUR 100 worldwide (compulsory for overseas or when normal PayPal is used) or by DPD (EU-only, 30-40 EUR depending on location).
    I am not keen on selling the watch at this point, so not in a hurry to sell.

-----------------------------------------

Item is located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.
    I am a seller on Ebay under the same username for over 14 years and have 100% positive feedback with over 598 transactions (over 1000 individual transactions!) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.

I also have several references on WUS, both as a seller and as a buyer. I can provide reference for other transactions as well (Omega 2254.50, Heuer Montreal sold to a very reputable dealer etc.). Also sold twice on Breitlingsource and once on UhrForum.de (where I've also purchased some stuff).
    Three successful transactions on OF, one as a buyer and two as a seller (my Longines Chronograph went to Austria, my Blancpain went to France).

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62080/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/gwzymytk-is-a-great-seller.47289/
    gwzymytk great seller
    gwzymytk is the best seller ever (probably)
    gwzymytk - Great buyer
    I bought a Longines Conquest Watch from gwzymytk and am very happy!
    gwzymytk - very positive experience
    gwzymytk good experience. Great seller. To repeat.
    gwzymytk - A very good buyer

I cannot take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing. No warranty.

Thank you OF for hosting my ad!
    All proceedings will go towards watches and watch-related stuff ;)

Pictures - click on each to enlarge. Click again to enlarge further.

01.jpg 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.jpg

Edited Mar 23, 2017
    Vintage, Poseidon, WYO_Watch and 2 others like this.
  2. gwzymytk Feb 6, 2017

Listening to reasonable offers.

3. gwzymytk Feb 9, 2017

New avatar bump!

Jwit likes this.
  4. gwzymytk Feb 13, 2017

To the top!

5. gwzymytk Feb 27, 2017

Up...

6. gwzymytk Mar 2, 2017

To the top!

7. gwzymytk Mar 5, 2017

Open to reasonable offers ::popcorn::

8. gwzymytk Mar 8, 2017

Up!

9. gwzymytk Mar 12, 2017

Sunday morning lazy B.U.M.P.

2017-03-10 11.24.50.jpg
  10. gwzymytk Mar 18, 2017

600 EUR net to me, shipped within the EU (inquire for other locations).

11. gwzymytk Mar 22, 2017

550 eur net to me, let's give it a new home this week!

12. gwzymytk Mar 23, 2017

Further reduced to EUR 500 net to me, plus shipping of choice.

Paulomega likes this.
  13. gwzymytk Mar 25, 2017

Up!

14. Greatpa Mar 26, 2017

Seriously considering. GLWS!

gwzymytk likes this.
  15. gwzymytk Mar 29, 2017

@Greatpa: Thank you, how about we sweeten the deal by including registered shipping within the EU? :D

Greatpa likes this.
  16. gwzymytk Mar 30, 2017

The originality of the dial was brought into question via PM. While far from being an expert, I believe it to be genuine.
    Again, this is a far from educated opinion as I still have much to learn regarding vintage pieces and dials; therefore, I am subjecting some crops for public review. Feel free to drop me a line via PM and I will post the conclusions within the sales ad.

03.jpg
    004.jpg

I'll be wearing the watch today and take another set of hi-res pictures once outside, to better capture the dial. These are crops from pictures already existing in the thread.

Attaching a beauty shot now; got a lot of positive comments on the distressed looking strap, so I can include this one with the watch instead of the oiled leather one I initially planned.

005.jpg 006.jpg

Alpha likes this.
  17. gwzymytk Apr 3, 2017

Up, after one prospective buyer disappeared without a trace...
    Kinda' thinking of keeping this one after all.

Later edit: Watch is packed and en route to the next owner.

2017-04-05 01.39.33.jpg 2017-04-05 01.39.58.jpg 2017-04-05 01.40.13.jpg 2017-04-05 01.40.44.jpg 2017-04-05 01.41.19.jpg 2017-04-05 01.41.27.jpg 2017-04-05 01.42.15.jpg

Edited Apr 4, 2017