Forums Latest Members

Eternamatic Kontiki - Advise/Opinions needed.....

1. watch_treasures Jul 25, 2018

Hello:

I have atatched pictures of my Eternamatic Kontiki that has been in my "will fix somtime later" drawer.

The watch is currently not running and is missing the band.

My question is twofold. Is the watch worth repairing? What are my chances of finding a correct band (slim, impossible, EXPENSIVE)?

Thanks!

Rick

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dan S Jul 25, 2018

It all depends how much you like the watch. The dial is obviously damaged, but many collectors enjoy that type of look. Assuming you are thinking of a Gay Freres bracelet, they do come up on eBay from time to time, but they are expensive, probably close to $300 usd. However, you can certainly wear the watch on a leather strap.

3. watch_treasures Jul 25, 2018

Thanks Dan!

I was thinking of having the dial refinished, but I have quickly learned from this forum that a redial is considered somewaht sacreligous!

I did see a band on Ebay for $300 and that made me think a strap might be the best choice.

Rick

4. samthebutcher Jul 25, 2018

little known fact, because really who would know this but a weirdo who's spent too much time looking and buying eterna watches, but...gay freres weren't the only manufacturer of the kon tiki bracelet. jb champion also made a version that looks identical. I own one and it's pretty nice.

Dan S likes this.