Forums Latest Members

Eterna-matic Kontiki 20 18k Solid Gold

1. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 1, 2013

Respectable Members

This one watch, I would like to own and wear. Unfortunately, it comes at the wrong time.

Basically, a vintage Eterna-matic in 18k solid gold is very uncommon, especially more the Kontiki.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-V...049341157?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27d355d0e5Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Though the name Eterna is not as high-sounding as Patek Philippe, Rolex or Omega, a pre-loved Eterna-matic Chronometre with black dial was my first watch, way back some fifty years ago.

It is hoped, someone respectable from this forum will be the next owner, so that I may have a chance to buy it, should he or she decide to off-load this gem, some while from now.

Thank-you.

EM1 (1).JPG
    Modest_Proposal, Hmv and MMMD like this.
  2. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 1, 2013

Did you notice you hit 1000 posts with this one:)

3. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 1, 2013

Respectable Member pitpro

I appreciate your pointing out to me. I do not realize it, since each time I make use of this computer, I get a splitting headache.

I tried to upload two pictures for the Eterna-matic Kontiki. The one showing the outside of the back-cover disappears and I really cannot understand, why this happens. Anyway, the link is included for other respectable members to see, all the other pictures of the watch.

Thank-you.

4. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 1, 2013

[​IMG]

5. pitpro Likes the game. Jun 1, 2013

Seamonster
    Nice goin'.
    Now you have me trolling for Eterna-matic ::screwloose::

6. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 2, 2013

Respectable Member pitpro

I appreciate you uploading the picture of the outside of the back-cover of the watch, for all other respectable members to see.

Eterna is a very reliable watch. However not all their models are worth collecting, save for the Kontiki and their divers, I reckon. There are several good Kontikis in stainless-steel but this is the first time I see one in 18k solid gold. I do not think, they made too many of this.

Unlike Omega and Rolex, there are not many followers for this brand-name.

If you have the means, maybe you should give this one, a go. However, I think the price is a little over the high side.

Thank-you.

7. Hmv Oct 23, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg Hi i would like to see if someone can help me find more info on this watch on prices and what year is it from its 18 karat solid gold