Forums Latest Members

Eterna les historiques1935 strap buckle suggestion

1. eternalover Sep 26, 2022

can you help with some info?

I recently bought this model on a cheap 20mm black strap but think I want light brown and maybe a tapering strap to 18mm buckle.

can anyone tell me will this look ok and work or is a 20mm buckle and strap best or is there any supply of original equipment eterna strap or a generic replacement?

Any other info on the model gratefully received. 1664190010095-1107041752.jpg

2. Vitezi Sep 26, 2022

Mixing and matching colors and styles of straps with a watch is one of the fun parts of this hobby :)

There are many, many threads on this forum that offer suggestions for color - it really depends on whether you like a formal, dressy look (black strap) or a more casual look (brown strap) for your tank. If you can't decide, look for a color on the dial that you might like to highlight - perhaps it's those gold-tone hour markers, or that unusual center minute track in black - and find a strap color that matches that color. You might like a strap in a yellow-tan color that enhances the color of those gold-tone hour markers.

As for taper, a tapered strap tends to look better on a thin wrist and is "vintage looking" which might be more appropriate for your style of watch. But nothing wrong with a full 20mm strap all the way around, something that makes more of a presence if you have thick wrists.

If you're still looking for inspiration, search for a vintage Eterna advertisement from the 1930s or 1940s and see what straps were used then. There are bespoke strap makers who will make you a vintage-style strap but upsized for a modern watch.

[​IMG]

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  3. eternalover Sep 26, 2022

thanks for this I had seen one or two on an orangey yellow brown strap. i think it will look better with a taper. May buy an 18mm eterna buckle as well.