Forums Latest Members

Enicar Sherpa Super Divette question

1. TDBK Jul 27, 2020

I just bought this Super Divette off the auction site. On receipt it looks okay and seems to be running, but I haven't had enough time to check the performance yet.
    IMG_20200727_165702.jpg

Question: when I pull out the lower crown and push it back in, the day advances. I can't find a first/second position difference which I can use to quickset the date. And I'm not pushing the crown in, as with some Seiko movements; I'm just returning it to the unopened position.

So in the current state, adjusting the time a few minutes means having to move the crown in and out 31 times to work the date back to the right number. This seems unlikely to be the intended behavior.

Can anyone tell me how this is intended to work? Any idea how hard it might be to fix? I don't have an objection to getting a service but if the needed part is not available, I don't want to get stuck. I just received the watch so I can presumably return it or negotiate a discount now, but it would not be convenient to get it to a watchmaker immediately.

Thanks as always.

2. TDBK Jul 27, 2020

I've determined that this is working fine and I just didn't understand two items: that the time setting is position 1 and position 2 is only used for quickset date (movements I'm familiar with reverse the two) and the detent on position 1 here is quite light and hard to hit. So I was coming all the way out to position 2 each time.

Thanks again.

JwRosenthal and Dan S like this.
  3. JwRosenthal Jul 27, 2020

Yeah, these things can be baffling sometimes yet seem so simple. It took me forever to feel comfortable with the pull-click of the 565 quick-date. I kept thinking I was going to rip out the stem.

TDBK likes this.