Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Enicar Sherpa Jet with original BoR Bracelet

1. gophishin Oct 14, 2018

FS: Early Enicar Sherpa Jet 33 with silver dial and original, signed Bead of Rice Bracelet. The EPSA super compressor case with the two large cross-hatched crowns and the original bracelet have loads of vintage tool watch charm. The Silver dial Jet models seem to be less common than the black dial models, and the standard Jet models less common than the larger Super-Jet models. On top of that, this is the upgraded movement with the higher jewel count, in silver dial, on original bracelet. So, I won't use the word "rare", but I haven't come across another silver dial Jet 33 in recent years.

Ref:
    126/002, this is the earlier reference number of the Sherpa Jet 33

Year: Serial is 6414xx approximately 1964-65

Dial and Hands: Original sliver sunburst, soleil, dial is very clean overall. The dial has a few small speckles on it, and there is one very small red mark at the base of the "t" in Jet. I can only see this from certain angles, and it is very minor, but I believe in full transparency. The hands are original and in very good condition. The red 24hr hand has faded a bit to a deep subtle crimson. I suspect the running seconds hand may have had the lollipop lume pip on it at some point, and perhaps that's what caused the slight specks on the dial, but I cannot say for certain because Enicar used A LOT of different hand variations, and I don't see any evidence on the second hand itself that it was lumed at one point. Either way, the handset stack of this watch is one little detail I really love, the running seconds has a square at the center which really ties together the thick blocky baton hands of the hour and minutes hands.

Crystal: Acrylic in good condition. There are two small marks only visible at certain angles at about 9:10 and 10:10 that appear to be on the inside of the crystal, since no degree of poly watch seems to matter on these. I would consider myself very particular, but this has never bothered me about the watch. The whole package feels very authentic and vintage in a very positive sense.

Case: Original, EPSA super compressor stainless steel, 36.5 mm w/o crown. Case appears unpolished to me, is very crisp overall with surface scratches typical of normal wear.

Caseback: Original Seapearl caseback, where the sepearl is still very prominent, but the engraved text is very faint, but still legible in the right light.

Movement: Original, AR1126 Automatic Movement. This 33 jewel movement was an upgrade to the standard 24 jewel caliber AR1145 or AR1146, which only had 24 jewels. From my research this higher jewel count movement was sold as an upgraded 'chonometer' grade caliber. I won't use the word rare, because that's always relative, but 33's are less common than the standard Jet's, and this is the only Jet 33 with a silver dial I've been able to find. Winds well, keeps good time (I don't formally time my watches, but I have worn this one for 3-5 days straight, winding each morning with no need to reset the time over that sort of period). Watch has not been serviced while in my possession. I don't have the correct tool to open the caseback, so, sorry no movement shots.

Crowns: Correct, original, Saturn symbol, and cross-hatched.

Bracelet: Original Enicar Beads of rice bracelet with Enicar signed clasp. These vintage BoR bracelets are extremely comfortable to wear and just complete the look of the watch. (though it does look great on leather, NATO, and Tropic as seen below). Bracelet is approximately 16.7 cm long, and has micro adjustment available in the clasp.

Why I am selling: I don't know that I have a good reason, other than it feel like it's time to thin the heard and do some turnover in the collection. I've worn this watch for a month straight while traveling through china, and it's always a must grab when travelling across time zones, Enicar's have so much quirky and subtle character and charm that's hard to capture in photos. This seems to be common as those that have owned Enicar's always make that remark, there are just so many cool little subtleties like the text and the use of different fonts, some of the case details, the hand style and lume locations, and the funky Saturn logo. This watch has been a lot of fun to wear, and I think it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

Read more about these cool watches at the spring bar here: https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guides/enicar-sherpa-pilot-2-crown-models#heading27

Price: PayPal, wire transfer, Zelle, or I'm open to trying a few of the other new transfer services. US sales preferred, but I'm certainly okay with an international sale, shipping cost will just need to be discussed. I have references as a buyer and seller on here, ChronoTrader, WUS, and eBay.

Trades: The only watch I'm really hunting at the time is a Oyster only (no date, manual wind) Tudor Ranger, reference 90220, and sometimes listed as 90020 or 9022/0, on original and correct Oyster bracelet.

I'm listing this with hopes of downsizing, but if you have a compelling case for another vintage watch to trade, I will certainly entertain it; it will just need to really make sense for me. Other watches I'm interested in are vintage and neo-vintage Tudor subs, and vintage Rolex Oyster (only) models, a tritium Rolex 16710 Coke, or a Tudor No-date sub.

Please ask any questions, and thank you for OF for the space.

Enicar Sherpa Jet 33.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet Beads of Rice Bracelet.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet Bracelet.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet EPSA super compressor.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet Seapearl caseback.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet Seapearl.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet Super Compressor.jpg Enicar Sherpa Jet.jpg IMG_4370.JPG IMG_4471.JPG IMG_4621.JPG IMG_4702.JPG IMG_4982.JPG IMG_E4989.JPG IMG_5558.JPG IMG_6487.JPG
    Edited Dec 19, 2018
    Lonestar, tmw57, Wivac and 18 others like this.
  2. gophishin Oct 17, 2018

ttt

3. gophishin Oct 22, 2018

I've been asked by a few if I would consider trades. I'm trying to consolidate, but I updated the post with watches I'm interested in, mainly a Tudor Ranger 90020, but I'm open to considering anything you have of interest.

Thanks

christopherchiou likes this.
  4. gophishin Oct 26, 2018

Bump - After doing some looking around, I do think this is priced fairly compared to other Enicar's currently for sale and recently sold, and as compared to a few that Hodinkee has sold including this far more common black dial super jet in lesser condition, without a bracelet for for $2,700: https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/1964-enicar-sherpa-super-jet?variant=627571228687#

And the Sherpa Guides they've sold for $3,200 without bracelets.

5. gophishin Nov 8, 2018

TTT

6. gophishin Dec 3, 2018

Update, price now includes insured shipping within the US. International sales shipping to be discussed, but I will still cover the equivalent amount.

7. gophishin Dec 12, 2018

ttt