Forums Latest Members

Enicar Sherpa Aqua diver 40mm non date super rare

1. Kennethmonds Oct 22, 2015

Dear watch lovers,

I have for sale a very beautiful and exceptional rare Enicar Sherpa Dive 40mm size watch. This model comes a long extreme scarce and not seen this one being offered as we see the Sherpa graphs, Aqua graphs, Jet Graphs and the Dual crown divers pass by regularly.
    Please do not mistake this model with the smaller 36mm size cases with date. This one has the same size as the Rolex Submariners, GMTs, etc. which is so special and perfect timeless (wrist) size!
    It is being said that this model was the predecessor of the dual crown Enicar divers which makes this model even more a must have. It is has the famous EPSA case. And on top of this the watch is in full original state. All parts are authentic and in extreme good original state (not common on Enicars watches which I have seen pass by). This model has the bigger crown which mostly is the case with this type of magnificent dive watches (e.g. 50's Rolex Submariners)

Case size: 40mm and yes finally one unpolished > see pictures.
    Lug size: 20mm
    Dial: lovely black 'patina'. Hour markers and hands very nice chique eye catching gilt looking. Note: radium (no radiation)
    Strap: black original Tropic strap
    Glass: plastic glass, slightly doomed and rises above the case
    Bezel: 2 bezel types black and small red all in great state and working perfect
    Movement: Enicar automatic 30 jewels
    Crown: double marked (## and Enicar logo)

The real watch 'experts' know what I am speaking of. An unmolested unique piece.

Looking for € 2.250 excluding shipment costs. Happy to respond to your questions and/or to supply you with this hard to find Enicar Sherpa dive piece!

([email protected])

FrontStrap.jpg FrontNoStrap.jpg Back.jpg SiteCrown.jpg SideNonCrown.jpg SideLug1.jpg SideLug2.jpg FrontWristCar.jpg SemiFrontWristDesk.jpg

JimJupiter, quaker, Gatsby and 4 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 22, 2015

Very pretty and uncommon watch. I'd suggest providing some larger images, and one of the movement.

3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 22, 2015

Nice watch!

That is contradictory.

Did you mean it has tritium lume? Although, I would venture to guess it is still radium, since there are no 'T' indications on the dial...

I agree with @Tony C. that higher resolution pictures along with a movement shot would go a long way to finding a successful buyer...

Edited Oct 22, 2015
  4. pitpro Likes the game. Oct 22, 2015

So how's it go with these?
    Sherpa Dive is 40mm and Sherpa Divette is 36mm?

5. Kennethmonds Oct 23, 2015

Hi,

I am afraid of open the back case. Not really an instrument for this. I will check and see if it works. What do you mean with larger images. I have taken them already as large as I could. Do you mean closer pictures?
    The markers / hand as I was told are no tritium but the radium ones back in time. Only the radium is not active anymore. That"s what I meant with no radiation as it turned out the active radium could be damaging your health.

Always happy to respond and to learn. Thanks for your interest and good feedback

6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 23, 2015

While I am sympathetic, there are plenty of collectors, myself included, who would be hesitant (at least) to purchase an expensive watch without seeing a movement image.

Closer would help, yes, but it appears that your photos are only 600px at the long edges, and that is rather small for sales photos these days. Take a look at this sales post that I made some time back for an example:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sold-outstanding-early-vintage-longines-pink-gold-automatic.30291/

Regards,

Tony C.

7. Kennethmonds Oct 23, 2015

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi,

Hopes this helps. Just went to a friendly watch maker who opened the back case. It is a 'bajonet' closure / clasp. Never seen before. He said movement looks clean and works great. Please not as said that this movement actually has 30 jewels! It has being said that Ernica back then promotioned watches with 30 jewels and when case was opened movement had 24 jewels. This one has 30 jewels has written on top of dial '30'. Further see my email address. It seems when uploading pics resolution got lost. Happy to send more over. Thanks.

x3no likes this.
  8. Hijak Oct 23, 2015

A larger dial shot like these would be nice too.:thumbsup:

9. Kennethmonds Oct 23, 2015

Hi,

Always there to do my best if possible on your requests. Is this better close up look of the dial?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    AAAKK, Darlinboy, tmw57 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 23, 2015

I have personal experience with the seller - @Kennethmonds is a good guy! :thumbsup:

11. Kennethmonds Oct 23, 2015

Sold. Thanks Omegaforum and above all to the buyer! You will love it.

Futher thanks to all the postive reactions and advices other members here.

Hopefully speak to you soon.