Forums Latest Members

Enicar question on authenticity.

1. No.15 Jul 25, 2017

Recently I purchased an Enicar automatic on ebay. I did not spend a lot (esp after ebay bucks) so I did not expect a lot but I like it.

I posted the watch on WUS and instantly it was called out as a Bombay special. I am no watch expert and certainly know very little about Enicar so I wanted some opinions here.

If it is a Indian "special" they took some time and payed attention to detail IMO. For example, the hands are painted red, but the silver surround is sharp and the lume is intact. Also the indices look well done and factory. Also the fonts look good and not redone (to me). The Enicar applied logo looks funny because it has some corrosion on it, but its straight with no glue showing.

I have no doubt that the dial has been restored as that was stated in the sellers description. My question is -- Is this a factory Enicar dial, or is it made up?

[​IMG]

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 25, 2017

Not an Enicar collector but this just looks wrong on many levels. The glue all over the applied Enicar logo is a start.

3. No.15 Jul 25, 2017

That's not glue, its corrosion. The Enicar logo and a few of the markers have a bit of corrosion on them. I will try and get a better angle picture.

4. No.15 Jul 25, 2017

OK minute hand looks a little shaky, but there are other details that I think would have been overlooked if this was faked. Like I said I am coming from the position of a novice so I will defer . . .

[​IMG]

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 25, 2017

Just Google and look at images and you will see nothing that even resembles this. It's funky to be sure. What exactly "it" is remains a mystery. If you like it wear it proudly! :cool:

6. Canuck Jul 25, 2017

Bear in mind that low purchase price often means expenses later. The more you spend on repairing the stuff you buy, the fewer watches you'll be buying. Watches and their repairs all come out of the same budget.

7. No.15 Jul 25, 2017

This one was sold as serviced and cleaned. I am sure there was not a lot of effort put into it but as of right now it is keeping outstanding time. So far seems like ~+4 seconds a day but that is not using anything official.

I guess I agree. I have not found anything that looks like it, but I do like it and I will wear it. Its kind of fun for me. I never purchased it for collector value anyway, just as an interesting piece to beat around in.