Forums Latest Members
  1. asrnj77 Jan 3, 2018

Hell All, I recently purchased a 1960's Enicar that's in need of some love (got a good deal on it). It seems all original but at a minimum I need a new crystal. I'm pretty sure I also need a replacement red ring but it seems that not all Super Divette's had red rings (right?). I've seen replacement rings on ebay from time to time for a crazy amount of money. Is there any other source?

The reference number on the back says 144-37-01 but then it looks like the number 7 after the 1. I haven't seen any Divettes with three digit numbers at the end. Am I just seeing things? I'm new to Enicars so I welcome any advice.

enicar-1.jpg
  2. w154 Jan 3, 2018

There's a great guide to Enicars over on "thespringbar"

https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guid...rs-guide-part-1-single-crown-models#heading23

According to the image your 144-37-01 should indeed come with a red ring. I think you'll just have to keep a close eye on eBay and pay up if you want to get one. I don't think they're readily available anywhere else.

And the crystal shouldn't be a problem. I don't know for this exact model, but generally I would expect is to have a GS (Germanow-Simon) crystal from the PA series. These are readily available on eBay. The best bet is to wait until you're having your watch serviced, and get your watchmaker to precisely measure the diameter and depth of the crystal then you can find the right one.

Edit to add: Can you add a picture from the front ?

sdre likes this.
  3. asrnj77 Jan 3, 2018

Thanks. I know GS has a lot of Enicar crystals for sale but nobody seems certain which one belongs on this model. I'll continue to research it though. I think once it's cleaned up and put back together it will be a nice little watch,

ebay-watches-enicar.jpg
  4. JimJupiter Jan 4, 2018

Nice Watch. To find a red ring is nearly impossible tbh, maybe you will find a spare watch one day. Most Rings you will find are for Sherpa Guide (rare), Aqua and Jet Graph (super rare), Divette (rare). I can't remember seeing one for a Dive.
    Bezel is looking quite nice though. Why do you think you need a new Chrystal. On first sight I can't see any crack...that one should be great after polishing.

Dibs btw, I am currently looking for one ;)

Nico

5. w154 Jan 4, 2018

The only time I saw a potential bargain bezel/red-ring was here.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VINTAGE-DIVERS-WRISTWATCH-CASES-AND-BEZELS-FROM-THE-1960-039-S-1970-039-S-/182597685608?rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=1408311521039&nma=true&si=XJSCl8iQX2w6Lt6hy%2FmwG5Tn3AU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

If I'd had less on at the time I might have bought the lot for projects.

Edit to Add: @JimJupiter (or anyone else for that matter), do you know the correct crystal reference for a Super Jet 33 (126.002) ?

6. JimJupiter Jan 4, 2018

Can't see any picture in that ad....but with the use of my imagination: WOW :D

@Jet33: Not from my memory. But there is a guy from Portugal who is selling good repros.

7. w154 Jan 4, 2018

I think it's too old to show them, but somehow I can see the lead image still.

divers.jpg

8. JimJupiter Jan 4, 2018

Great, but from the size I bet it was a Divette!

Edit: Could be a matter of perspective..so maybe its a Dive Bezel...or Aqua Graph ;)

Edit 2. Definitely Aqua Graph, so worth the money ;)

9. w154 Jan 4, 2018

I reckoned it was the bigger size.

Those "baby Panerai" cases are 38mm across and this measures to be wider and it seems to be further away. I'd put the OD of the bezel at 40+mm. I did give someone here a heads up on the listing so maybe they bought it. I didn't ask them after but could ask now...

Edited Jan 4, 2018
  10. asrnj77 Jan 4, 2018

Thanks. Can the Divette use any of the other Sherpa rings? I’ve seen some Divettes online that have no ring. Perhaps that’s becoming acceptable as the supply diminishes.. knowIng that we’re both looking for rings makes it that much harder...lol

11. JimJupiter Jan 4, 2018

No I am not looking for a ring, I am looking for an Enicar Sherpa Dive ;) I have a complete mint Divette. But these are smaller (36 to 40mm).
    Divettes and Dive's allways had a red ring as far as i know, just the "Diver" or "Diver 600" are known without.

Believe me...there are a lot of Enicar guys looking for Enicar red rings the whole day ( like me :D ) just for stocks. These parts are very fragile.