Forums Latest Members

SOLD Enicar Aquagraph Mk Ib

1. jhross98 Aug 12, 2018

Offering my outstanding condition, Enicar Aqua-Graph Mk I w/ Lollipop Seconds hand
    Reference 072-02-01. Valjoux 72 Manually-Wound

As my collection has grown, this simply does not get the wrist time and since I limit the # of watches (to prevent the collection getting truly out of control) it is time for this wonderful piece to find a new home.

Watch is in outstanding and I believe all-original condition; dial is in superb condition with I believe original lume in plots and hands which glow under UV; same for the lollipop seconds hand which makes this version so special. Please note subdials on these MkIs are grey and not white as later versions.

Bezel shows light wear and scratches consistent with age

Case is perhaps previously very lightly polished, but caseback engravings / inscription (seapearl) is sharp and in superb condition which is rare for these early Enicars (if they were polished usually the engravings are faded).

I purchased this watch from Horare watches late last year. Several pictures here are Horare's but condition is identical and the wrist shot below is mine from today. I have only worn it a handful of times since purchase. I believe Horare serviced the watch; stop / start / reset on chrono is perfect and watch functions normally but I do not warranty the watch beyond that it works correctly today.

I believe this example is superior to the others you can find for sale at 8k+; even rarer to find a Mk I in this condition there are far more later versions around, and very few mk Is have hands and lume in this condition.

I am pricing for a quick sale; Looking for 6400 USD including next day fedex shipping in CONUS at my expense; will ship overseas and charge the buyer my cost. Funds must be paid by wire or paypal w/ fees paid by buyer. Lots of references in OF, Rolexfourms (same username), and perfect sellers' rating on Ebay under 2010madone. I will not accept returns unless something is not as described

Thx OF for the space, pls PM me if interested or [email protected]

Enicar_AquaGraph_Valjoux-72_Chronograph_Horare_Vintage_Watch_New_1 (1).png 20180812_135637.jpg Enicar_AquaGraph_Valjoux-72_Chronograph_Horare_Vintage_Watch_3.png Enicar_AquaGraph_Valjoux-72_Chronograph_Horare_Vintage_Watch_4.png unnamed.jpg

2. jhross98 Aug 13, 2018

3. JimJupiter Aug 13, 2018

GLWS mate, I would buy it if I havn't one myself :)

4. jhross98 Aug 13, 2018

following discussion with Nico . . I believe he is right and this is Mk II not Mk I (horare got it wrong too). More modest differences in MkI/II vs. Sherpa Graph so I'll take the mulligan. Everything else is correct. . .

5. jhross98 Aug 13, 2018

following even more discussion w/ nico and consulting the ever-handy enciar101.org. . believe this is a mk I transitional. . caseback and serial # are in mk I range but the details are all mk II. at any rate. . . i think its an academic discussion and the watch speaks for itself (and enicar is filled with transitional models). lots of nibbles but no sales. . if not gone by the end of this week will probably head to ebay and let the market price it.

Marty McDawg and maanu like this.
  6. JimJupiter Aug 14, 2018

Joshua is almost correct. In my list I have two other AG's in his serial range and with the same details like unpainted thin sub hands or the "new" dial. Since the ref number is still 072/002 I called this babe Aqua Graph MK Ib ;) Just missed to finish the page about it yet.

Maybe nice to know, regarding the serial, this watch was produced in 1964.

Nico

Joe_A and maanu like this.
  7. jhross98 Aug 15, 2018

bumping. . ton of nibbles but no sale yet. price cut to 6250 for OF only. . if not gone by week's end will head over to ebay and let the market price it

JimJupiter and maanu like this.
  8. jhross98 Aug 18, 2018

OHPF

JimJupiter likes this.