Forums Latest Members
  1. Jeroensv Oct 21, 2016

I've bought a very early Omega wristwatch with fixed lugs. I can't find much information about the watch, I found one on the internet without the engraving on the case from 1928 according to the seller.
    The case is completely .925 silver by Omega and 30mm width. Equipped with a porcelain dial and a 15 jewel manual movement without a caliber number on it, ofcourse it has the original Omega serial number and Omega markings the movement and case.
    Is there anyone that can tell me more about this special watch?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Jan 17, 2017
    Pun likes this.
  2. novina Oct 21, 2016

As the picture loaded very slowly for me, I assumed I would see the typical pocket watch conversation popular at the time. This one looks like it actually may have been a wristwatch. Only assuming that by case design. Would probably have to wait until someone with more knowledge about this comes around. But in the time being, any chance of getting pictures of the case back and movement. That would help others identify this much quicker. Does look very nice though, congrats on the find.

3. Jeroensv Oct 21, 2016

Thank you for the reply, I will upload some more photo's when i'm home. This has never been a pocketwatch and is made as a wristwatch, that's one thing i'm pretty sure about.

4. Pun Oct 21, 2016

I don't know anything about this watch but it's dial and bezel both are very interesting. It's a gem if genuine.

5. Jeroensv Oct 21, 2016

I've made some extra pictures of the watch, also of the movement and the case. The movement number starts with 72 so this should mean the watch is from 1929.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jan 17, 2017
  6. François Pépin Oct 22, 2016

Nice watch!

It is a 26,5 caliber. It is probably written under the balance.

Jeroensv likes this.
  7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 22, 2016

Watch looks all original. Unfortunately, the dial has some significant issues, including a sizable crack.

A top-notch vintage watchmaker should be able to find you a porcelain restorer with experience in watch dials. This can be done, and the results are good. But the cost is expensive and may be several times the value of this watch.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

chronos and Jeroensv like this.
  8. Pun Oct 22, 2016

But it'll be worth spending on one of it's kind Omega watch if you can afford IMO. I don't know how many are still there in wild with same or better condition than this vintage watch.

9. Jeroensv Oct 22, 2016

Thank you all for the replies. I'm not sure if I want to restore the porcelain dial, first I want to service the movement and replace the broken crystal. Maybe after that I will let someone repair the dial but at this point I will leave the burst/crack at the 3 marker as it is.

10. Pun Oct 22, 2016

We expect another photo session here after your round one restoration is done. Good luck.