English Man in Miami

Next time I’m on your side of the pacific I’ll definitely bring some of our national treasures

IMG_2765.jpeg
I said shorts, not budgie smugglers.

Two people separated by a common language. :D
gatorcpa

Like 1
As a foreigner some of the best times I’ve had in the US have been in Walmarts, we don’t have anything quite like that here, I stuffed an entire suitcase full of $3 t-shirts with bald eagles carrying American flags and firearms, don’t tread on me shirts, Uncle Sam stuff, a punisher skull with a Stars and Stripes bandana, everyone back home loved the stuff I brought them.

The sheer quantity of discount Americana you can get for peanuts in Walmart is just amazing and it goes on forever, we just don’t have stores anywhere near that size down under. I was genuinely smiling the entire time at the novelty of that much stuff going that cheap!

How cool is this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/All-Amer...hic-Tee-Tops-Mom-Life-Casual-Shirt/2330100439

IMG_2764.jpeg

Did you pick up any of these shirts?

IMG_8719.jpg

It's a weird proposition...can't really call it a threat...

'Murica!

Like 2
Did you pick up any of these shirts?

IMG_8719.jpg

It's a weird proposition...can't really call it a threat...

'Murica!
I would absolutely buy that in a heartbeat. Every nation has this, we certainly do here in Australia, and I’ve watched enough LetterKenny to have seen Canada’s bogans and they’re fantastic. There’s probably some hardcore looking maple syrup / curling related merch up there I need to get.

Like 1
The irony of all that Murican flag merch (made in China no doubt) is that those who wear it have no clue they’re not supposed to wear it. A flag pin on the lapel, or maybe a patch on a uniform, are really the only acceptable uses per the flag code.

I forgot how funny Letterkenny is.

Like 2
To the OP :)

Can't share specific (or recent) adresses but when my sister was living there (15years ago), I remember having great lunches when visiting her. In addition to the recommended Cuban food (I had a great experience at Versailles too), I remember also Peruvian food, Haitian food and some great Argentinian steakhouses. I also remember great Israeli delis. The Peruvian and Haitian could be found out of the touristic areas are they were made by local communities.

If you like those type of food it is worth looking for the current recommended ones.

Enjoy your trip !

The irony of all that Murican flag merch (made in China no doubt) is that those who wear it have no clue they’re not supposed to wear it. A flag pin on the lapel, or maybe a patch on a uniform, are really the only acceptable uses per the flag code.

That is correct.

Like 1
That is correct.
4 US Code Sec. 8(d):
(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
gatorcpa

Like 2
I try not to miss Joes Stone Crab in South Beach when I am in Miami. That’s if you can get a reservation during Grand Prix week.

Like 1