Forums Latest Members

Ended Bin Ebay Speedmaster - What Can You Tell Me About These Hands?

1. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Jan 13, 2013

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Spe...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Spotted this one yesterday while it was still an auction with two days to go (at around 700 Euro).
    Put a mate in the UK onto it but when I woke up this morning it had relisted and sold BIN. Unfortunately not snapped up by my buddy. Still seems low $s.

I liked the look of the applied logo, dot over 90 bezel and caseback (if maybe a bit too crisp).
    I thought they might have been MKII hands put on it at service but my mate pointed me in the direction of http://www.speedmaster-mission.net/
    Fourth watch down in the "History" section - their photo example of a 105.012

Anyone seen any others before? Any story behind them?

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 13, 2013

Hands are wrong - replaced at a service at some point - but watch sold for a very good price - sharp looking watch which is worth at least $1000 more than it sold for. Hands are quite easy to replace.

3. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Jan 13, 2013

That's what I supposed initially but my mate reckons that he was close to buying a similar one in the past that the owner insisted was as he'd originally bought it.
    Also there's the pictured one on Speedmaster-Mission.net

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time a seller had been mistaken or a less than original example had been used on the internet or in print.
    (The internet information can always be updated of course).

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 13, 2013

No question about the hands - my opinion of course.

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 13, 2013

hands are from another lemania based model; quite a few military watches have these hands. no big deal. this could be a trans. model with cal. 861. and then the price is right. does not have to be with caliber 321. kind regards. achim

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 13, 2013

The hands look like they were Speedmaster MK2 parts

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2013

Definitely worth a punt at that price, even without pics of the movement.

The Spanish & Greek sellers do seem to have lower/more realistic asking prices than the rest of Europe, presumably becuase they aren't so keen to have unliquidated assets hanging around for a long time :cautious: