Forums Latest Members
  1. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jul 8, 2017

Short story. A friend of mine was visiting and mentioned he wanted to buy a watch for a daily wearer and as part of a birthday present to himself. His budget was around the £500 or less and that was pretty much it. He asked me to help out making a choice.

We wandered around town looking at some possibles and it became clear that a diver was not what he was looking for (so my initial thought of a Seiko Prospex or PADI went our the window), Overly "dress watch" styles also quickly went by the wayside.

This is going to be difficult I thought until we came across a shop with this

Hamilton.png
    It's the 38mm Hamilton Khaki auto ref H70455533. Seen, liked, tried on and bought all in under 20 minutes. Job done, retire to pub ;)

2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 8, 2017

There really is nothing to dislike about these. Great look and watch at a phenomenal price. I still want one just keep putting the funds elsewhere

Mouse_at_Large and blufinz52 like this.
  3. arcadelt Jul 8, 2017

Nice watch, but sounds like a story of a couple of typical blokes shopping - job done...off to the pub!

Mouse_at_Large likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jul 8, 2017

Next to a few of the Victorinox and Seiko 5 line, just about the perfect entry level mechanical! :thumbsup: