Forums Latest Members
  1. stiofan WUS topic importer Apr 22, 2016

The e-mails have this at the bottom:

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

I click disable all emails and follow the steps, but as soon as I reply to another thread I start receiving e-mails again.

How do I permanently disable e-mail notifications?

Edited Apr 22, 2016
  2. shelfcompact Apr 22, 2016

I'd like to know too.

3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 22, 2016

In the short-term, you can manually "un-follow" the thread, which will shut off the e-mail messages until you post a new message to the thread or edit one of your earlier posts.

Longer-term, I believe you'll need intervention by a Forum moderator to permanently shut off this feature. A list of moderators is found here:

https://omegaforums.net/members/?type=staff

I suggest sending a private message with your request to one of the moderators, and it would probably be expedient to select a moderator who posts to the Forum frequently.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2016

You can do this yourself.

Go to Latest.
    Click on Followed.
    Click on drop down menu and select: Disable Email Notification.

wsfarrell and Foo2rama like this.
  5. shelfcompact Apr 22, 2016

Ah, relief. Thank you.
    I guess the links in the actual email do nothing.

6. sky21 Apr 22, 2016

That procedure does indeed disable all email notification of the threads you are currently following. However, there is no way that I know of to simply turn off all email notification permanently. So you will have to go back to that page and disable all email notification every time you either post in or follow a new thread. If anybody knows a way to permanently turn off all email notification please pass it on, please.

72c likes this.
  7. Flingit1200s Apr 22, 2016

Agreed. I would prefer my account default to be to unfollow everything unless I change that preference.........not sure if it is possible.

8. sky21 Apr 22, 2016

Maybe we can get a quorum together and request this feature? Someone must know how to write the code to make this possible.

ahartfie likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 22, 2016

PM's are something I want to get an email about. I don't get any emails for post in threads and I don't follow any (just use my memory)

Nitzbar likes this.