Forums Latest Members
  1. Anthony Lane May 8, 2022

I've come across a potential acquisition and I'm wondering if any "elgin experts" could weigh in. I have only seen two of these before, and they have always intrigued me, now I have an option to buy one. Does this model have a reference or name? I noticed the caseback is signed M.R.P. SA (Monnin), neat.
    Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 8.00.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 8.00.21 AM.png Unknown.png

2. Guy0783 May 8, 2022

All I can say is I like it. Very cool. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some more constructive information.

Anthony Lane likes this.
  3. Dan S May 8, 2022

Looks to be a nice, and fairly generic, Elgin-branded skin-diver, with an Elgin-branded Swiss ebauche. It's quite hard for me to identify an automatic movement when the rotor is covering the most distinctive parts, but I'd guess A Schild. The strap appears to be an authentic Tropic Sport, which has value.

Anthony Lane likes this.
  4. Anthony Lane May 9, 2022

Thank you. It seems like Elgin produced a couple of diver marketed watches over the years, but certainly weren’t known for those types of watches.

Namely the iconic black/orange bezel model that usually comes up in searches. I have also seen the maxi-numeral model with a parimentier crown (Uber rare), but this particular model doesn’t turn up. Funny though, 3 of them have between various personal collections.