Forums Latest Members
  1. blampley Jan 30, 2019

So I have been trying to shake the desire for a speedmaster but haven't been able to yet. Why shouldn't I buy one from elady from Japan. From what I can tell they are reputable retailers of genuine watches. assuming they are in working condition they only real downside is the expectation they were probably need to be serviced while maybe extremely expensive from Omega I would imagine is not nearly as bad from a local watchmaker. So all that said I'm sure that this question has been answered before but I cannot find it on this form so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. vbrad26 Jan 30, 2019

Are you looking at manual wind Speedies or the automatic (reduced) model?

3. redzer007 Jan 30, 2019

depends on where you are - you may have import duties and expensive shipping

4. tikkathree Jan 30, 2019

Possibly buying pre-owned from a Japanese merchant on EBay? Check the description of the watch case, movement, crystal and bracelet and don't be afraid to ask questions.

A lot of bracelets come short due to relatively small wrists in the JDM so unless that's not an issue for you it's worth factoring in the cost of a replacement.

Condition descriptions appear to be accurate - polished case or not, state of crystal, timekeeping etc. Paperwork & box might be a bonus rather than the norm.

Ask questions, ask for more photos, do it with plenty of time in the listing. If a reply is forthcoming you might regard it as useful and it's your call how you deal with no reply to your enquiry.

I've noticed that some Japanese market merchants don't relist the same watches on EBay so a listing will end with no sign of the same listing being repeated: I can't evidence this but I suspect that the same watch might then appear in a new listing.

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jan 30, 2019

Buy from eLady's web site, it's cheaper.

6. Hands90 Jan 30, 2019

PLEASE COUNT THE LINKS!

When you buy used especially from Japan count the links to make sure it will fit you.

7. WYO_Watch Jan 30, 2019

+1 and they often send our discount codes for an even better price.

Purchased a few things from them and have done a return. All in all, good experiences.

tikkathree likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 30, 2019

Elady is respected. The bulk of speedies they sell are speedmaster date models.

Use thier website and make sure the bracelet length is long enough for you as they tend to be missing links and sized for smaller wrists as noted above. Extra Links if available are not exactly cheap.

I’d avoid reduced models but the date models are excellent watches.

:edit:

They have a bunch of professionals for sale currently. Reduced models can be identified by them saying automatic on the dial with no date window. Dates say automatic but have a date window. Without going into it the reduced have a movement that is a bit more expensive to service and are not well loved right or wrong on this forum and with most collectors.

nttisch23 and tikkathree like this.
  9. Bernardino Jan 30, 2019

Just checked out the site after seeing this thread, they have a lot of stock and prices seem reasonable.

tikkathree likes this.
  10. tikkathree Jan 31, 2019

Also the Reduced models have the running seconds sundial at the 3 o'clock position.

11. fskywalker Feb 3, 2019

Have ordered from Elady many times, great watches for reasonable prices. Buy directly from their website as prices are less than through Ebay. They often give discounts to previous buyers and used to give discounts to new buyers as well (ending yesterday they were having a 11% sale with a coupon). :)

wsfarrell likes this.
  12. kaapstadflaneur Feb 5, 2019

I recently purchased a Seamaster 2231.50 (Ti) from eLady and the process was easy and quick. Price was very fair and the watch was flawless -- with box and all papers. Shipping from Japan was fast (less than a week) and I did not have to pay any customs duties. Definitely concur with above advice to buy directly through the eLady website as it's cheaper than eBay and there are often coupons that can reduce the price. As others suggested, definitely check out the size of the bracelet/strap on watches from eLady -- I passed on several other 2231.50s with short or no bracelets and waited for a full set (like others, I, too, counted links to make sure the bracelet would fit me). Overall, it was a good transaction and I'd buy from eLady again if they had a watch that interested me.

fskywalker likes this.
  13. Gt390 Feb 5, 2019

where would you find the coupons please.

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 5, 2019

Google “elady coupon”

15. Gt390 Feb 5, 2019

Thank you

16. amirw Feb 26, 2019

Hi
    I am looking for this watch but not sure what years was this model manufactured?
    I prefer to avoid 15 + years watch’s
    Thanks
    Amir

fskywalker likes this.
  17. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 26, 2019

Photos would help.

DaveK, BradleyJ. and Foo2rama like this.
  18. nttisch23 Feb 26, 2019

Also, if you sign up for their email newsletter, you receive coupons. Anywhere from 5-12% off. Some dictate that they can’t be used on watches, but most coupons you can!

Edited Feb 26, 2019
    fskywalker and tikkathree like this.
  19. sat968 Feb 27, 2019

I just purchased a Black PO 600m from them. I pulled the trigger as soon as they lowered the priced and also offered a 12% discount. Watch came without the box but with cards and looked new. Price was 25% lower than eBay prices and was delivered in 3 days. While I would rather buy from the folks here, I would keep them in mind for my next watch..

20. Lbreak Feb 27, 2019

Well, this speedy from eLady just arrived today… That 12% off really makes some good deals.

IMG_20190228_000955.jpg