Forums Latest Members

Education needed on a Ed White 105.003-64

1. MrJDA Dec 10, 2018

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 10, 2018

Well first off I do not like those over compensated dealer photos.

But moving past that, it looks ok. The dial is a rare no T version, which I would not expect on the -64 version. The lugs have seen some polish, but haven't they all, but I am not sure I see the distinctive lug shape for a -64. The bezel is poor, and no matter how many times we call it a grey or Ghost bezel, I prefer a black one.

No movement shot or number to check.

So they really do not give very much to go on.

My speedy-sense is on alert as I am not sure how original the whole watch is but that is because it is a trade watch with the wrong dial, what would be a cheap bezel if you had to buy one to finish the watch, and the photos are not easy to interpret.

Did you see this one Here?

neilfrancis, murph and mr_yossarian like this.
  3. mr_yossarian Dec 10, 2018

No glaring issues. I'd only expect a Professional to not only to ask Market prices, but also offer adequate disclosure/transparency. You sometimes need to dig a bit around. Why are they able to open the also offered 145.022-78 and show a decent movement shot including Serial number but none of the Ed Whites?
    Drop them a mail, ask for the first 4 digits or movement shots or both. Would be a step in the right direction, helping you to see by their reaction whom you are dealing with and if the watch is close to where it should be serialwise.

cristos71 likes this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 10, 2018

Well my first worry is the 42mm description, as measured by Omega it is more like 39mm, if they can't even state the size properly what chance have you got with the rest. You would need to include the crown to get an Ed White up to 42mm. As The Boss says above, those lugs don't look hugely like -64 lugs as they seem to have visible facets, they are more like those on a -63 or -65, unless it has been clumsily refinished of course.

EDIT: just noticed the silver rehaut. Taken with the no T dial, is there a chance they actually have 105.002 there but don't realise? Or just a horrible bitsa/Franken!

Edited Dec 10, 2018
    Spacefruit likes this.