Forums Latest Members

SOLD Ed White - Price Reduction! $6,750

1. Traveler Jan 31, 2016

Edit : After some valuable advice, this Ed White is being re-listed at a new and reduced price of now just $6,750 !....

I've reached 'must fund grail' point so next one up for consideration is this Speedmaster 105.003-65, "Ed White"... (24.5mm serial). The asking price of $6,750 reflects the issues with it that I am aware of, but I hope you'll agree, it's still a nice watch...

The offered price includes world-wide insured shipping. Please study the pictures and ask questions if needed, as returns are not accepted. Preferred payment would be via bank transfer, pay-pal gift, or face to face in NYC if so desired.

The watch is running strong and keeping good time, but I have not had it serviced. The UK based dealer that I purchased from said it was serviced prior to sale (around a year ago) - the movement looks pretty clean though, as you will see...

The dial looks correct with aged tritium markers, and the Do90 bezel is in fantastic shape. The case is in pretty good shape, but someone brushed the top lug surfaces at some point - they actually look kind of nice like that, but still, you'll have to live with knowing that happened. Also, there's a little scratch on the top of the bottom right lug, which is barely visible to the eye, but bugged me, as I did it the first day wearing it :eek:. The chrono second hand is a service replacement, albeit one done a long time ago, as it's pretty well patinated. The other hands look older, but I think the crown and pushers are newer service replacements. The case back shows the sea monster, but has some scratches from a tool using the wrong tool to open it...

The crystal is in good, clear condition, and the Omega sign is visible.

It comes on this nice 'vintage' Hodinkee black leather strap.

References available on request!

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited Feb 1, 2016
  2. Traveler Feb 2, 2016

Ed White off to a new home! Many thanks to the buyer and to OF for the space...