Forums Latest Members

SOLD [REDUCED] Eberhard Magie Noire with Lemania 1873

1. gwzymytk Feb 3, 2017

This one is going to hurt on the long term, as I absolutely love the watch. But decided to thin the herd and only focusing on a few (more expensive) pieces, so this one has to go as well. More will follow...

Eberhard et Co Magie Noire ref. 34006 - cca. 1989 manual wind Lemania 873 movement (signed Eberhard on the bridge). An absolute stunning piece, 40mm diameter, with a gorgeous dial and contrasting hands. One of the few gold plated cases that I enjoy.

01.jpg

Description (please refer to pictures - magnify them by clicking - and ask for additional details):

Case: Stepped case, gold plated, 40mm in diameter. Has dents and scratches, gold plating is generally in good condition with minimum exfoliation (please refer to pictures, I haven't found any significant damage but if you spot some please ask further and I'll take a macro shot under good lightning).

Crown and pushers: Signed crown, gold plated pushers with small dings and exfoliation (some to the crown as well).

Caseback: Pressed, with serial dimmed but present, with scratches and dings (some scratches are deeper, probably from failed attempts to open the case).

Dial: Absolutely stunning dial, deep black (hence the name) with tachymeter, telemeter and pulsations scales in alternating creamy white / golden inks. Applied golden numerals. Flawless from what I can tell, but again please refer to the pictures as perhaps I've missed something.
    Subdials have concentric rings within, difficult to see in pictures but a nice detail to mention.

Hands: Golden, with some flaking, scratches. Small seconds hand has a bit of oxidation signs at the center, visible under 4x magnification. You can check the pictures, if you click on them a few times full resolution will tell a good story.

Glass: acrylic, original to the watch to my knowledge, with numerous small scratches. I've got some polywatch left and can attempt cleaning them up but I am a firm believer in maintaining my pieces as original as possible.

Movement: Lemania 873 with signed bridge (Eberhard et Co). Chronograph resets properly. Keeps time but haven't timed it and don't expect it to run within any Chronometer parameters, as service history is unknown (verbally, the previous owner stated it's been serviced 3-4 years back).
    In my possession for over one year and hasn't shown any odd behavior. Leaving the servicing decision up to the next owner.

Other stuff: Generic distressed-looking leather strap (shown in the last pictures) with generic gold-colored buckle. No box or papers (the watch was most likely produced somewhere in 1990, according to Eberhard).

Miscellaneous

Price: REDUCED EUR 1300 net to me. Paypal only available to established members with relevant positive feedback. SWIFT bank transactions or other methods that do not incur taxes on my end are possible, 3% discount.
    Shipping not included, will be either by TNT at EUR 100 worldwide (compulsory for overseas or when normal PayPal is used) or by DPD (EU-only, 30-40 EUR depending on location).
    I am not keen on selling the watch at this point, so not in a hurry to sell.

-----------------------------------------

Item is located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.
    I am a seller on Ebay under the same username for over 14 years and have 100% positive feedback with over 598 transactions (over 1000 individual transactions!) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.

I also have several references on WUS, both as a seller and as a buyer. I can provide reference for other transactions as well (Omega 2254.50, Heuer Montreal sold to a very reputable dealer etc.). Also sold twice on Breitlingsource and once on UhrForum.de (where I've also purchased some stuff).
    Three successful transactions on OF, one as a buyer and two as a seller (my Longines Chronograph went to Austria, my Blancpain went to France).

http://breitlingsource.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62080/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/gwzymytk-is-a-great-seller.47289/
    gwzymytk great seller
    gwzymytk is the best seller ever (probably)
    gwzymytk - Great buyer
    I bought a Longines Conquest Watch from gwzymytk and am very happy!
    gwzymytk - very positive experience
    gwzymytk good experience. Great seller. To repeat.
    gwzymytk - A very good buyer

I cannot take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing. No warranty.

Thank you OF for hosting my ad!
    All proceedings will go towards watches and watch-related stuff ;)

Pictures - click on each to enlarge. Click again to enlarge further.

02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.JPG 08.JPG 09.JPG 10.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG 19.JPG 20.JPG 21.JPG 22.JPG 23.JPG 24.JPG 25.jpg

Edited Mar 1, 2017
    Vitezi, Jwit, Edantony and 4 others like this.
  2. gwzymytk Feb 7, 2017

Reluctant up :)

3. gwzymytk Feb 12, 2017

To the top!

4. gwzymytk Feb 15, 2017

Up up up again!

5. gwzymytk Feb 19, 2017

Available. Let's hear some offers, but don't expect major price cuts :)
    I know it feels overpriced, but I truly have a hard time letting it go.

6. gwzymytk Mar 1, 2017

Haven't worn this in a while.
    Open to offers.
    New price: 1300 EUR plus shipping, same conditions as above.

7. gwzymytk Mar 4, 2017

Bring it up again!

8. gwzymytk Mar 10, 2017

Up!

9. gwzymytk Mar 13, 2017

Ta-da-BUMP!

10. gwzymytk Mar 20, 2017

Up!

Later edit: Payment received from an OF member. Watch will leave tomorrow for the UK; below pictures from the packing process :)

Will update as necessary.

2017-03-20 18.34.49.jpg
    2017-03-20 18.34.53.jpg
    2017-03-20 18.34.45.jpg 2017-03-20 18.35.16.jpg

2017-03-20 18.36.14.jpg

2017-03-20 18.37.22.jpg

2017-03-20 18.38.54.jpg

2017-03-20 18.40.48.jpg

Edited Mar 20, 2017
    SteveHarris likes this.