Forums Latest Members
  1. danomar May 31, 2016

I know that eLady has gotten some good review on OF, but is eLady01 from Minato-ku, Tokyo the same seller? ELady01 has gotten a large number of neutral and negative eBay reviews.

TIA

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2016

I've seen huge variation from item to item, some were really not good, some were quite excellent. They do take very accurate pictures though so you can usually see the condition an item is in if you scroll down the listing and check in detail

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 31, 2016

I neither know eLady or eLady01 but I posted a fake Connie recently for sale by eLady01
    So my advice is
    a) be careful
    b) post any target you're considering

sky21 and OMGRLX like this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 31, 2016

I bought a very nice and underpriced IWC from them recently. It was an easy transaction and took less than a week to arrive. The customs declaration was at full value, so no funny business there.

If you go directly to the e-Lady website, the fixed prices there are 10% less than the eBay buy-it-now prices. That's probably a good chunk of the eBay commission that they are kicking back to you.

I will say that some of the watches I saw on their site (particularly some vintage Omegas) were redials or heavily polished. They do try to state these facts on the listings. But like a lot of dealers, they don't know everything.

You need to do your diligence, just like with any other online dealer.
    gatorcpa

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  5. tony72cutlass's' Jun 1, 2016

Hijak likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 1, 2016

Yes.
    gatorcpa

7. tony72cutlass's' Jun 1, 2016

Cool! Theres a speedmaster mark II for 1,500 if anyone is interested.

It lists as polished but it doesnt look like a "terrible" polish..

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 1, 2016

There's also a 1970's IWC Automatic, similar to mine, with original GF bracelet for a little bit over $1K.

I've been told that the bracelet alone is at least $500 by itself, maybe more.
    gatorcpa