Forums Latest Members
  1. MagicTom Aug 10, 2014

Hello everybody,

I am turning to you to ask about one ebay seller: here

He sells a lot of nice vintage watch that looks in almost too good condition.
    Specially these vintage omega:
    Omega Geneve Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network1
    Omega Geneve Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network1 bis

[​IMG]

Omega Geneve 2Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network bis
    Omega Geneve Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network2 bis

[​IMG]

Omega Geneve 3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Omega Geneve 3 bisPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

They look all original, in perfect condition and to my eyes: no polishing.
    They look crisp and on the last picture, the lugs are deep as they are supposed to be.

Is there something that I am not seeing?
    Is it weird that this seller has so many of this specific model in such good condition?

Thanks for your help guys,
    Thomas

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 10, 2014

My thought is that both the dials and the cases have been professionally refinished. Seller is American, but my guess is that the work was done in Japan or Korea. Excellent artisans in both countries. Usually very attentive to small details on the dials.

These watches have little collector value, but if properly restored may be good for everyday use for many years. I have some concern that they never show pictures of the movement. The watch may be totally beautiful and the movement could be trashed. Just don't know.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

MagicTom likes this.
  3. MagicTom Aug 10, 2014

Thank you very much for this quick answer.
    It helps a lot.
    When you say "refinished the case", it is different than polishing / brushing?
    Because those cases look untouched, I mean they look crisp and thick as they should.

This model is one of my favorite due to its diameter and nice combination of brushed / polished.
    I have been collecting a few of them over the past years and I was a bit puzzled by those.

Not sure what to think about a redial and refinished case.. it looses a bit the "vintage" interest.
    The first one looks really good with the aged hands though...

Anyway, thanks for you help,
    Thomas

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 10, 2014

They were expertly polished and the matte finished restored. Again, very high quality work.
    gatorcpa