Forums Latest Members

EBay picture quality on mobile

1. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 24, 2017

HI OF! I'm sure I can't be the only one annoyed by this.
    EBay at it's best.
    I browse eBay nearly every morning on my commute or when I have my first coffee. Usually on mobile (iPhone). Looking out for the usual suspects, mislabeled NOS 321's and the like ;).

BUT:

The picture quality when viewing ads on mobile is just down right sh::censored::.

What the ::censored:: is EBay thinking? That in this day and age everyone is going to wait until they get home/to a desktop pc to make a purchase? I know younger people that don't even have a desktop pc ... Tablet and phone is all they need! How is someone supposed to make a decision to bet, LET ALONE BUY an item ,if it's BIN, if sometimes it's impossible to differentiate a watch from a potato!

That's how badly cropped the pictures on mobile are. And logging into wifi doesn't change a damn thing. (If this would be some kind of mobile traffic saving thingy by eBay let me at least turn it off or auto-disable it when the device logs into a wifi!!!)

I used to be able to avoid this problem by loggin in over at the ebay.co.uk page (for what ever reason) but since lately that's no good either.

Sorry for the rant ....

Is there a simple solution to this?!?

EXCEPT for changing the website view from mobile to "classic" which then will give me clear pictures but makes the experience of using eBay on a mobile device so horrendously bad that I'd rather spend my time talking global politics with the Kardashians ...

Cheers,

Max

Oh, no good Thread without pics :

(View as "classic website")

IMG_2908.PNG

(View as "mobile/default")
    IMG_2909.PNG
    :whipped:

2. kreyke Oct 24, 2017

Try using the app!

3. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 24, 2017

Hm that could be a solution. Although I'm always slightly annoyed to be forced to install some sort of extra app to view content correctly when the same content was fine to view on my mobile browser just some weeks ago/for years.

Does the app restrict the search results based on location/do the filter settings for the item location truly work when set to "world wide/European union" etc?

Thanks,

Max

4. kreyke Oct 24, 2017

No it doesn’t restrict the location setting. You can adjust it in advance search.

It’s quite functional and it loads faster than the browser I feel.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 24, 2017

You're doin' it all wrong mate.

Here's what you need to do.

:D

moat.jpg

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  6. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 24, 2017

If this would be on a German train I would have
    a) The incredible amount of 150mb free wifi,
    b) no cellphone signal
    c) most probably another rage fit and rant on here:D

App works flawlessly btw. Thanks for the suggestion. Blood pressure levels back to normal :thumbsup:.

I still don't understand why there is/was a need to change this/ crop the pictures so terribly on mobile.

Cheers,
    Max