Forums Latest Members

Ebay Omega Seamaster Automatic watch - false friend or original?

1. knofensa Dec 2, 2014

Good evening,

first of all: My name is Kevin and I am 22 years old. I want to buy a vintage watch (for several reasons but the most important reason: I really like the look and feel of classic watches!). Of course I know that buying a watch of ebay isn't always the best deal but I bought several other items on ebay and have never had any bad experiences at all (with computers, mobile phones, even cars!).

So here is the item I would like to get:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Omega-Seemaster-Automatik-/261675505002?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What do you think? What makes me think about it is the fact that this is a private user (no return) and that he didn't make a picture of the real clock work (only the back piece which doesn't really help me to identify).

Sorry, if I missed out some informations or anything, as I'm new to this.

Thanks for reading this.
    Kind regards from Germany

2. Hijak Dec 2, 2014

This looks pretty good to me and I would date this to the early to mid 60s. It looks to be in original and very nice condition too. The unknown here is the movement condition but with the watch in such condition I would tend to say it should be fine and at the right price would risk it. This has an automatic movement, possibly a cal. 552? With only a couple of hours left and only shipping to Germany this may go at a bargain price.
    Good luck if you decide to go for it.:thumbsup:

knofensa likes this.
  3. knofensa Dec 2, 2014

Thank you, I'll definitely try to get it.
    Really like this authentic style and design.. it's just how a watch should be. Classic and adorable.

If I'll get it (or another one) I will definitely share some pictures.

Kind regards

4. Hijak Dec 2, 2014

Love to see pics if you do!:thumbsup:

knofensa likes this.
  5. Mothra Dec 2, 2014

Hope our new young friend got it. If so, please get it off that bracelet and onto something that won't damage the lugs asap......

6. knofensa Dec 2, 2014

Hello again

I have to admit that I didn't got the highest bid on it.. what made me mad was the fact that the user already sold this item (it was the second time) and then this time it was more than 330€ (the first time he "sold" it for around 270). Don't know if this was just a correct seller..

But nevertheless I'll buy one.. this one seemed totally nice but I think there'll be other beautiful ones as well.. maybe even in this forum.

7. Hijak Dec 2, 2014

That went for a very reasonable price in my opinion.

8. knofensa Dec 3, 2014

Good evening,

found an ebay user that seems to always have totally perfect vintage watches for nice prices.. just look at his sold items..

What now makes me think about is both this Omega and his Perregaux watch. He always sells/sold watches like Perregaux and Omega and they all looked perfectly!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1960iger-Ome...soires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item418b73da68Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

as well as this one:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1950iger-GP-...soires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item418b740165Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

How can it be possible that these watches are original vintage and also in that perfect condition? Does he exchange the parts of them? Are they really original classic watches or even fakes or repainted/exchanged parts?

Sorry for all this mess..

Kind regards from Germany

9. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 3, 2014

I like the GP, thats a pretty watch, something doesn't look right with the Omega dial but I am no expert on these so it could be legit

knofensa likes this.
  10. knofensa Dec 3, 2014

The GP is also the watch that I prefer currently. But they all - as I mentioned above - seem to be perfect and just out of the store to me..

Can't even see one scratch on the surface or anything at all.. after 50,60 years?