Forums Latest Members

Ebay holding funds even after buyer received watch and posted positive Feedback.

1. kpaxsg Jul 4, 2020

Hi all, just wandering if anyone else facing this issue? And it is becoming increasing difficult trying to reach a human or even to raise a case. is a merry go round with Ebay and Paypal passing responsibilities .

2. asrnj77 Jul 4, 2020

I believe it depends on your status. If you’re a newer eBay/PayPal seller, they may put a hold on the funds. I’d keep trying to get in touch with somebody though

3. shishy www.hpmor.com Jul 4, 2020

Is it a new account? How long has it been since they marked as received?

4. killer67 Jul 4, 2020

They can hold up to 21 days for newer accounts

Lucasssssss and connieseamaster like this.
  5. w@tcher Jul 5, 2020

As it was said, the funds are usually being hold for 21 days when the seller has not many transactions-sales.
    It's a kind of protection for the buyer, in order the funds to be available in case the seller is scammer. In this case the money will be available to be returned back to the buyer.

6. asrnj77 Jul 5, 2020

Also, eBay posted that they’ve extended the days to return an item to 10, after it shows it was shipped, due to Covid issues that may arise. That may also contribute to the extra delay since they don’t know if the buyer is going to make a claim yet (I realize the buyer left a positive review but I don’t think they would consider that).