Forums Latest Members

eBay bidding war with (0) feedback

1. bencrouch25 May 11, 2015

Hello all, I have recently been hit by the speedy bug and to improve my knowledge I have been trying to acquire the 'moon watch only' book and 'the moon watch' book by Omega. I was bidding on the moon watch book over the weekend and the price kept being driven up and up - I eventually gave in at £122 (as one was listed buy it now for £120) and I can now see that the person bidding against me had zero feedback. I have suspicions that the person bidding against me was the person who had listed the book so I want to warm everyone so they don't end up paying more than they should!

2. bencrouch25 May 11, 2015

I appreciate the irony of this being my first post, but like I said, I'm new!

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 11, 2015

Welcome and thank you.

Maybe post on the WTB ( wanted to buy) a request for the book.

Good luck!

4. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside May 11, 2015

I got one copy of " moon watch only" to sell.

bencrouch25 likes this.
  5. bencrouch25 May 11, 2015

How much do you want for it? I've seen them up for silly money on eBay! Inbox me please.

6. ulackfocus May 11, 2015

It's a virtual guarantee that the book you "lost" will come back up in a new listing. If you ask the seller what happened he'll say something like "non-paying bidder". :rolleyes:

You could report it to eBay as suspicious activity. There's an option for shill bidding but they don't call it that. You'll see the descriptions and know what it is immediately.

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 11, 2015

You can still buy MWO from the publisher. Compared to what you can lose by buying the wrong watch, the price is insignificant. IMHO, due diligence is not something you should try to do on the cheap.

8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2015

PM SENT - Pls check