Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Jun 5, 2014

This one has been relisted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VINT...857360980?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5b00ea0654Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It seems that the forum favourite is not really living up to his reputation. This certainly isn´t the first time this has happened with him and would definitely make me hesitate before bidding for any of his watches. The Anakin was bid right up to $5000 with a few days to go and never moved any higher, that always looks suspicious to me as I can hardly believe any serious collector/buyer of a big ticket item would expose their hand so early on in the game.

Privateday7 and ulackfocus like this.
  2. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

Yep, when it sat at $5001 until the end I knew something was fishy. He's offered a few frankens and we've questioned if he has a shill or not before, so as with all eBay sellers caveat emptor.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 5, 2014

Another pattern to watch out for shill police..........

4. bvertz Jun 5, 2014

The thread "Unanimously Favorite Ebay Sellers List" carries a lot of weight with novice buyers like me, so it is too early to put an asterisk next to his name? He is the first recommended vendor on the list.

bigdubnick likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Jun 5, 2014

Good idea - did just that with a caution to ask about any particular watch that someone might be interested in.

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

I've sold items like laptops on eBay, and I'm often shocked at people bidding things up right on day 1 or 2. I think some people are a bit "special" and have no idea how auctions (and possibly many things in life) work.

I've had several of my own auctions get jacked up too high in price very early on, then the action fizzles. I wouldn't judge a seller until it's something happening quite consistently, especially when their reputation is at stake and so easily tarnished.

If it's the same shill accounts doing this on several auctions for a seller, that's real evidence. Otherwise, I'd be a pretty skeptical. Only my opinion :)

Darlinboy and JohnSteed like this.
  7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jun 5, 2014

Any chance of creating a sub-thread for e-Bay discussion and contested items, and re-naming (or at least treating) this thread as Recommended Watches...?
    Hoping this doesn't sound sour. I really do appreciate the discussion about items that are questionable, or e-Bay topics/strategies/observations. Maybe I'm the only one but I visit this thread with my finger on the e-Bay trigger, expecting to find a recommended watch as the thread title suggests!

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

100% agree mate was about to do that

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jun 5, 2014

That's one of the reasons we created http://omegaforums.net/auctions/