Forums Latest Members
  1. TexasKevin Jan 17, 2014

Hope I can get a little advice on an eBay item. Can anyone tell what's wrong with this one if anything? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SEAMA...375211260?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3cdb2d36fcPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. I think I'm slowly learning the really basic things to look out for just reading threads here.
    Thanks!

2. ulackfocus Jan 17, 2014

A couple things bother me about that watch. First, the case back has a LOT of pitting. Second, and this is debatable, the bridge that has "562" on it is a slightly different color - more pink than the rest of the movement. Both these could be from water damage, or the person who wore it could have had very acidic body pH and the bridge just discolored differently than the other parts from cleanings over the years.

I don't like the chips / loss of gold on the lugs either.

The dial fonts look good, but the pictures are too poor to see the dial's true condition. Judging by the rest of the watch, it's probably not so good.

All in all, take a pass on it.

TexasKevin likes this.