Forums Latest Members

FS Early Soviet Wristwatch, 14K Case, reduced to 549€

1. Bernhard J Apr 5, 2024

Here is an early (late 50s or early 60s) Soviet wristwatch from my collection in a very decorative 14K gold case. The early movement of the First Moscow Watch Factory is of exquisite quality, as it was never achieved again later, with Côtes de Genève stripes and Breguet hairspring.

The dial and hands (gold?) are beautifully preserved. The crown is likely original and does not appear to be merely gold-plated. The bracelet with clasp is not original, but modern. For changing you will need a braclett for fixed lugs,

Such watches in a 14K case (marked 583, according to Soviet practice) were only available to the top "appartschiks" back then.

The watch is in technically faultless condition, but it urgently (!) needs a service, as it hardly runs at all or only with great difficulty (it has been lying unused in my collection for around 30 years, the oil has probably evaporated). A watchmaker should be able to do this for a maximum of €200, as it only involves cleaning the movement and oiling. I have already taken this into account when setting the price.

I am asking 549€.

This is a private sale, so no right of return, no guarantee and no other warranty.

Shipping costs within Germany with DHL are 6,99€. Please inquire for other countries. Any Paypal fees or the like would have to be paid by the buyer.

The watch is located in the EU, so buyers from other EU countries do not have to pay any import fees or duties. Buyers in non-EU countries, please consider that your country may charge import fees or duties.

Thanks to OF for the for the opportunity to show off this watch.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

Edited Apr 17, 2024
    Eve, pdxleaf, allwoundup and 6 others like this.
  2. Bernhard J Apr 17, 2024

Reduced to 549€ ;)