Early English Wrist Watches

This weekend I just for fun (after having tested the Speedmaster 125 and a vintage Zenith, which I had serviced these days) put the Benson shown in the opening post on the timer, not expecting particular good results. But now look at this. It was quite the same in the other positions with a maximum difference in the positions of 5 seconds (all at room temperature). That is a real quality movement, not only optically. I do not intend to correct the small beat error.

L1030699.JPG
And here is a nice detail of how the winding crown is attached.

1.jpg
Edited:

The model name referred to the water-tight case. That was before the phrase "tropical" was adopted by vintage watch dealers for not perfect dials.
Sorry, I was just being facetious.

I’ll refrain from posting my bucket full of Timex dross which were made in Scotland 😀!

I’ll refrain from posting my bucket full of Timex dross which were made in Scotland 😀!
We all admire your restraint.

I will jump in 😁. Here is a Timex M22 movement. In contrast to many Dollar (pocket) watches it can be disassembled for service.
As a sidenote, I would tend to refrain from calling a watch made in Scotland "English" ... 😝

Timex.jpg

Here is a movement of similar sophistication, but London make, i.e. real English. A Guildhall.

Guildhall.jpg
Edited: